What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
n/a - MCE insurance in administration. - focussed

I'm surprised that there are no posts on here about it.

MCE were car, van and motorcycle assurers.

www.fscs.org.uk/making-a-claim/failed-firms/mce-in.../

And then there is this:-

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/uk/news/auto-motor/mce-insurance-boss-this-is-so-wrong-that-i-am-ashamed-to-work-in-this-profession-318709.aspx

Has anybody on here have any idea of what's going on?

n/a - MCE insurance in administration. - craig-pd130

The UK biking subReddit has had almost nothing but posts about MCE in recent days.

From what I can gather, MCE's previous underwriter went into administration in November '21. MCE tried to transition its existing policies to a new underwriter, but hasn't been able to for some reason I don't fully understand.

I've never been insured with them but according to the Reddit posts I've seen, many new riders (or those who'd just passed their MOD2) had policies with MCE because they were way cheaper than rivals. That may have been an issue in transferring policies to a new underwriter.

n/a - MCE insurance in administration. - Falkirk Bairn

Warranty Direct was owned by a French Bank -BN Paribas and run out of Cradiff?

They closed down towards the end of 2021 and sold the name "Warranty Direct" to another UK Company.

2021 Policy Holders were not transferred and had to apply to the "NEW Warranty Direct" or any other insurer.

My son had a WD Policy but at claim time in November it was about as good as a chocolate Fireguard. Wriggled out on small print so my son paid out the full £550 instead of the expected £200 excess

n/a - MCE insurance in administration. - Grenache

Always worth paying for your insurance on a credit card, as you have some comeback from the card company if the insurer goes bust. You'd be able to file a section 75 claim for the unexpired ratio of the premium.