What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vauxhall Zafira, CDTI Ecoflex - Zafira Diesel 2012, EGR fault codes - PaulJG

Hi all,

In the last half hour of a 5 hour trip my 2012 diesel Zafira CDTI Ecoflex developed a judder. I managed to drive it to my destination by staying in one gear, maintaining a constant speed and constant slightly high revs.
The fault codes thrown up by the pedal test (I think it's called) are:
0400 ('EGR flow malfunction)
0409 ('EGR Sens A Circ')
0425 ('Catalyst Temp Sens Bank 1')
0100 ('Mass or Vol Air Flow Circ')
I got these code interpretations off migweb.co.uk.
I'm not a mechanic at all so I'd be pleased to have any explanation of what the problem/s is/are likely to be, how much it would cost to fix, and most importantly is this something a mobile mechanic could fix?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Vauxhall Zafira, CDTI Ecoflex - Zafira Diesel 2012, EGR fault codes - elekie&a/c doctor
This could certainly be an Egr valve fault . It may be stuck open and causing air flow issues , also giving mass air flow codes . Valve is around £120 and should be well within the capability of a mobile mechanic.
Vauxhall Zafira, CDTI Ecoflex - Zafira Diesel 2012, EGR fault codes - PaulJG

Thanks for that.

Vauxhall Zafira, CDTI Ecoflex - Zafira Diesel 2012, EGR fault codes - Railroad.

It may also be stuck open because it's blocked with carbon deposits and just needs a good clean. Check the whole air intake system to make sure it's clean and unrestricted.

Vauxhall Zafira, CDTI Ecoflex - Zafira Diesel 2012, EGR fault codes - edlithgow

As above. It seems to be a knee jerk reaction to change the valve without investigation.

Honda Accord I had for a while recently had a fault code and a shiny new EGR valve which had never R'd any EG because the plumbing was completely soot plugged.