What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 107 - Minor bump - report to insurance? - Rerepo

A friend was shunted from behind in a traffic queue. All captured on rear dashcam. Looks like sub- 5mph. Other driver admitted fault and very apologetic, doesn't want to go through insurance. Bumper looks undamaged but rear panel pushed in v. slightly and hatch lock is tight. Needs pulling out a little I think.

Should she report to her insurance right now or wait for a proper damage assessment and see if the other driver pays up directly? Is there a time limit on reporting to insurance co?

Peugeot 107 - Minor bump - report to insurance? - elekie&a/c doctor

I would get a proper assessment first . What appears to be superficial damage ,may be hiding something more serious once the bumper is removed.

Peugeot 107 - Minor bump - report to insurance? - Andrew-T

Something just like this happened to SWMBO several years ago. Lady driver behind very apologetic and offered to pay. We got estimate for about £300 to repair and decided the damage was so slight that we wouldn't bother as the car was about 8 years old (I don't suppose the 107 is very new either ?). She was very grateful as she would miss that amount of money.

The choice is yours about insurance. If the other driver is willing to settle for a modest amount I would see no reason to. If you claimed you might affect your future premiums. Get an estimate anyway.

Peugeot 107 - Minor bump - report to insurance? - Falkirk Bairn

Eldest son was shunted at a set of lights on a large roundabout.

Slight nick on the bumper and a little bend in the rear hatch.

The 3rd party was a body shop returning a bashed car to the owner. He said it's nothing on a 7 year old car. My son said to himself, "what would dad do?" Got Driver's name, company, phone was on the low loader etc etc.

Crumpled floor in boot - was under £1,000 for the repair, it could have been a write-off at that price.

Peugeot 107 - Minor bump - report to insurance? - Gibbo_Wirral

I had this happen on my Pug - small rear end shunt. But boot floor was creased and there was other structural damage - car written off

Peugeot 107 - Minor bump - report to insurance? - madf

I had similar crash in old Triumph 2.5PI - slight bumper damage.

Went through insurance - boot floor was damaged as was sill behind bumper.. Cost £c750 (forty years ago!)