What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen Ami - johnnyrev

I notice that Citroen are now taking orders/reservations for the Ami. You pay a £250 refundable fee and presumably get first pick when imports start into the UK- which they say will be spring 2022.

I'm almost tempted to throw in £250, especially with the very low cost. It would suit my needs for driving around Birmingham, even if there are a few 40 limit roads on my way to work! Hopefully Citroen might be able to coax the top speed up to 30mph. But at least it could be driven flat out everywhere!

I do like the like of it, definitely functional, but rather charming I think! It seems rather sensible for an electric 'car' to be small and light rather than the raft of huge electric SUV's that need massive batteries for a decent range.

What would be even better would be a small, light 2 seater convertible electric car with a smaller battery. I would definitely be tempted into an electric car then!

Citroen Ami - badbusdriver

I'm in two minds about it. I do like its basic functionality, and I am very much a fan of small cars. But I also think it is hampered by that top speed, which is clearly to make it legal for teen's (15 or 16?) to drive in France. If it had proper weather protection (which surely wouldn't be too hard), I'd much rather a Twizy for than extra performance (around 50mph) making it viable outside a big town or city. I also prefer the mad looks of the Twizy!

Citroen Ami - mcb100
Not sure I’d want to venture far in a Twizy, weather protection or not.
The ride is terrible, and it’s surprisingly noisy inside with a bit of a din from the motor.
50mph feels like 150mph!
Citroen Ami - elekie&a/c doctor
Saw an Ami last week in Honfleur . Looks like a plastic box on wheels . Clever design , the doors are interchangeable as are the front and rear panels . I believe Citroen are going to introduce a van version, with only one seat . I would think of limited use , bearing in mind the speed and range .
Citroen Ami - Bromptonaut
I believe Citroen are going to introduce a van version, with only one seat . I would think of limited use , bearing in mind the speed and range .

Range of about 40 miles.

Small scale urban deliveries?

Bread van to the campsites in tourist areas?

Charge in the lunchbreak?

Citroen Ami - badbusdriver

I believe Citroen are going to introduce a van version, with only one seat . I would think of limited use , bearing in mind the speed and range .

Takeway food deliveries?.

In one of my previous jobs, I worked for a car and van hire company who shared the premises with a Daihatsu dealer. Although it was never officially sold in the UK, they had a Daihatsu Midget, which was a tiny single seat pickup (1135m wide and 2790 mm long!). The pickup body, being as small as it was, and with such shallow sides, wasn't really much use, but a fibreglass van canopy was available which made it much more useful. And having a 660c petrol engine meant it wasn't confined to the city and could get up to the giddy heights of around 60mph if you were brave enough. An automatic version was available, and the space freed up by doing away with the gearstick allowed a (very) narrow bench seat and the possibility of two people to squeeze in, albeit in theory only (unless they were very slim indeed).

Citroen Ami - SLO76
Small and quirky, both are good.
Citroen Ami - daveyK_UK
A 4 seater version would be a game changer and I would buy one without hesitation
Citroen Ami - nick62
............... But at least it could be driven flat out everywhere!

We now have a PHEV with 100 bhp from the EV motor alone.

When I'm driving around town (95% of the time in EV mode as "Dad's Taxi"), I just set the speed limiter to 30mph. When I'm at the front of the traffic light queue I floor-it when they go green. It takes ages for the ones behind to catch-up and overtake, (I'm referring to the "go everywhere at 40mph" brigade).

Citroen Ami - catsdad

The Ami top speed is limited to 28mph. Fine in a crowded city where speeds are generally low but in towns with flowing traffic it will be a tailgated incessantly and a stressful drive on any road with a limit above 30. In the right environment it would great but it’s not for me.

Citroen Ami - johnnyrev

I’ve done it, I’ve put down £250 as a reservation. My email confirmation says that a salesperson will be in touch soon, although I expect that ‘soon’ will be several months time. My reservation number is over 150,000, but I doubt that reflects the number of reservations received.