What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta ST LINE 1.0 18 plate 5 door - Electric windows have a mind of there own - Redcar01

Hi All

My wife's fiesta passenger door window is playing up, it sometimes goes up and down a few times when you try to put the window down and stays down and cant put it up , it does the same on the door controls and using the drivers controls. It usually cures itself if we stop and turn the engine off then back on. its a few months out of warranty so I can try to fix it or a car electrician but I would like to try first.

any ideas what's wrong please.

Regards

Ford Fiesta ST LINE 1.0 18 plate 5 door - Electric windows have a mind of there own - elekie&a/c doctor
It’s possible the glass is a little tight going up and down the channels and the anti pinch system is coming on . I would give those glass channels a good lube first.
Ford Fiesta ST LINE 1.0 18 plate 5 door - Electric windows have a mind of there own - Redcar01

what are the. channels and what do you use to lube it ?

thanks

Ford Fiesta ST LINE 1.0 18 plate 5 door - Electric windows have a mind of there own - bathtub tom

The channels are what the glass slides in. I've previously used furniture polish on a piece of rag to aid sliding.

Ford Fiesta ST LINE 1.0 18 plate 5 door - Electric windows have a mind of there own - Andrew-T

The channels are what the glass slides in. I've previously used furniture polish on a piece of rag to aid sliding.

Yes, but clean out any crud first.