What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - daveyK_UK
No info on honestjohn but plenty elsewhere in the motoring press.

New Dacia 7 seater set to start from £12995

No other new 7 seater will come close on price

Expect these to be extremely popular with the private hire trade and families.

Also comes in a duel petrol LPG and from 2023 a Renault Hybrid system

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - Xileno

Certainly interesting and looks quite good. I thought it was a shame the Lodgy didn't come to the UK, presumably based on the Scenic, it would have sold well particularly as Scenics seem quite rare now.

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - _

Looks ok, but I thought the price would be from euros 15995...

I like those volvo-ish rear lights...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nh8rJFifsU

Edited by _ORB_ on 03/09/2021 at 20:25

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - SLO76
I wish Toyota, Mazda or Honda would introduce a budget brand using previous gen tech. I’d love a less complex car offering Japanese quality for less money. VAG and Renault have shown the potential for budget brands, though Skoda has now been lifted too high in my opinion, it’s stealing more sales from VW than anyone else.
New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - RT
I wish Toyota, Mazda or Honda would introduce a budget brand using previous gen tech. I’d love a less complex car offering Japanese quality for less money. VAG and Renault have shown the potential for budget brands, though Skoda has now been lifted too high in my opinion, it’s stealing more sales from VW than anyone else.

It's far from straightforward to use previous generation technology given the ever-changing emission and safety regulations. Suzuki seems to operate as Toyota's budget brand in some respects - Mazda and Honda are probably too small to support a budget brand, Honda still need to make Acura the success they hoped for.

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - badbusdriver

I wonder if Toyota could reintroduce Daihatsu to the UK/EU as a budget brand?. They were always known as being reliable (if not particularly cheap), but having been gone from the UK market for more than 10 years now, maybe they could bring the name back as Toyota's Dacia.

Shame too that Renault have both the Dacia and Lada names. If Lada had been owned by another group, they could have been another Dacia rival.

But you are absolutely right about Skoda, not really sure what the logic is with VAG pushing the brand up into a VW rival?. Reading an article about the new electric Skoda, the Enyaq, and basically the opinion was that its a better car than the VW ID.4. Priced about the same though.

Could say the same about Hyundai/Kia too I suppose. Having the two brands directly competing with each other, to me, only makes sense if the companies have different owners. Otherwise, why not have one of them priced to take sales from Dacia?.

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - Sofa Spud

Rather a lot of matt grey plastic to weather rapidly - and much of it is illogical "non-styling" that adds nothing to a car that would be more attractive if it wasn't fitted in the first place!

Agree about Skoda, I don’t understand why they have gone after the crowded mid market.

The last real bargain Skoda was the Rapid

In terms of budget brands, I suppose you could call MG and Suzuki budget brands in terms of their value for money, maybe Ssangyong as well?
Vauxhall towards the end under GM where very much a budget brand in that they chased volume and the discounts where huge, likewise Citroen where arguably a budget brand until around 2011, Fiat likewise.

Dacia does well from having no direct competition in the UK with the reach of the Renault dealership network.

The no haggle pricing is also a huge plus. Yes you can get discounts but they are small (best I have ever witnessed was £400 off a top of the range Duster).

Dacia also benefits from customers staying loyal to the brand, they have the best retention in the industry albeit from a relatively small customer base.
New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - Theophilus
Expect these to be extremely popular with the private hire trade and families.

I'm not sure about the hire trade ... I can't see many paying customers being happy to squeeze into the third row of seats, and have very little luggage capacity.

Perhaps a family with young children and the occasional need to transport grandparents, or a family with four children before they start their growth spurt!

Edited by Theophilus on 04/09/2021 at 17:34

Will be sold in 5 seater form with the huge boot, alternatively the 3rd row of seats are easily removed.
creating a huge boot but also keeping the residuals up as it can be turned back to a 7 seater.

Hence the trade will like it especially with the LPG duel fuel and hybrid options.
New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - corax

Renault Hybrid system. Hmm, people will tell me that I shouldn't fear anything these days but the two words don't feel like they sit comfortably in my mind. I can imagine any component that's hybrid based will be expensive to replace if it goes wrong, and it's supposed to be a budget brand.

Edited by corax on 05/09/2021 at 13:54

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - pd

Not sure what the real future is for budget brands using old tech. The pace of legislative change means old tech becomes useless quite quickly.

The savings have to be made elsewhere and in truth most cars cost a similar amount to make.

All budget cars will have to be electric just like everything else soon enough so I suppose the savings will have to come from something other than drivetrain.

Do budget brands always look for savings or do more lucrative brands simply over charge customers?

Or a mix of both?

Engineering quality is key, not perceived quality from looks and touch.
New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - alan1302
Do budget brands always look for savings or do more lucrative brands simply over charge customers? Or a mix of both? Engineering quality is key, not perceived quality from looks and touch.

A budget band like Dacia use the underpinnings that Renault have already created which saves them development time as well as using all the same mechanicals so the cars cost a lot less to develop. And interior materials will be cheaper and less luxurious.

I do expect that more lucrative brands so get away with charging a lot more for things though.

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - catsdad

Renault provide engines for Dacia and Mercedes. I have read that the Mercedes A class and Dacia Duster have at least one engine in common. Assuming that’s true it’s another reason I am sceptical about “premium” brands.

New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - SLO76

Renault provide engines for Dacia and Mercedes. I have read that the Mercedes A class and Dacia Duster have at least one engine in common. Assuming that’s true it’s another reason I am sceptical about “premium” brands.

You’re right to be. Premium brands these days are no better built than mass market cars beyond some nicer interior plastics. In yon olden days a Mercedes, Audi, Volvo or BMW were utterly solid if a bit spartan inside, today they’re as cheaply made underneath as a Fiesta. It’s all about gadgetry and emissions control today, neither of which boosts reliability and lifespan.
New Dacia 7 Seater Jogger - badbusdriver

Two, the 1.3 turbo petrol and the 1.5 turbo diesel.

Called into the dealers, there latest bulletin from Renault on the Jogger is UK order book opens December 21 , deliveries due March 22