What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - swansea_karl

There seems to be some bargains around on used Balenos. There was a 2018 1.2 for £4500 on Ebay. I wonder if Suzuki will launch a replacement for the Baleno?

What are these like?

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - SLO76
Perfectly adequate little cars but they occupy a confusing position in the market. It’s more of a slightly bigger Swift than a genuine family hatch and the nicer to look at and to drive Swift will do most of what it will do while being much easier to sell on. Dealers only buy the larger car if they’re dirt cheap, no one really gets them but that does make them a bit of a bargain as long as you accept that it’ll be worthless when you’re done with it. £4500 for an 18 plate is suspiciously cheap though unless it’s in a private sale.
Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - FiestaOwner
Dealers only buy the larger car if they’re dirt cheap, no one really gets them but that does make them a bit of a bargain as long as you accept that it’ll be worthless when you’re done with it. £4500 for an 18 plate is suspiciously cheap though unless it’s in a private sale.

It's a classified ad.

It's a CAT S write off!

Yes i missed that

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - Andrew-T

<< It's a classified ad. It's a CAT S write off! >>

If it's up for £4500, I would guess it was written off for 6 grand. That's a serious level of damage, so unless you can be persuaded that the work has been done properly, look for another.

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - badbusdriver

There seems to be some bargains around on used Balenos. There was a 2018 1.2 for £4500 on Ebay. I wonder if Suzuki will launch a replacement for the Baleno?

What are these like?

Very reliable cars, very spacious for their size, maybe a little dull compared to the trendy Swift. Which is probably why not only Suzuki stopped selling them in the UK, but the fact that there just aren't many about. They may appear not to different in size to the Swift, but they have a much longer wheelbase, so more rear seat legroom, and a decent sized boot too. They are also a very light car, so don't go thinking the 1.2 will be a bit sluggish. The 1.0 Boosterjet would be the preferred choice, but nothing at all wrong with the 1.2, especially if just a runabout.

One of the effects of the lack of weight is a certain lack of refinement compared to something like a Polo (sound deadening is heavy, as is 'soft touch' plastics!). But unless you spend a lot of time on the motorway, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

As to a replacement?, unlikely. Suzuki hasn't stopped making them, they just aren't sold here anymore because not enough people bought them.

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - tim10597

Very underrated car. My daughter has a 1.0boosterjet automatic. Returns high 50 mpg without trying. Decent specification and cheap to run, low tax. It was my mums car before she stopped driving, so we have known the car from new. No issues at all, apart from routine servicing the only thing that is annoying is the anti collision warning is very sensitive, a leaf blowing across the road can set it off.

Good value car on the whole!

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - Rerepo

The Baleno is sold as the Toyota Glanza in India and Starlet in Africa. Tough little cars built on the same platform as the Swift and Ignis..

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - Rerepo

The Baleno is sold as the Toyota Glanza in India and Starlet in Africa. Tough little cars built on the same platform as the Swift and Ignis..

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - MVP

I friend of mine bought one recently.

He said it's a great little car and does mid 60s MPG on a run

I had a quick look at 2 at my local Suzuki dealer. Quite impressed, roomy, and a nice looking car.
I think i would be tempted to go for the 1.0 tho.

Sadly the Baleno is no longer sold.
As only 15k were sold across Europe in 2018, could getting parts become a problem in the future?
When i spoke to my local Suzuki dealer they said they would supply parts for many years to come.

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - badbusdriver

The Baleno may no longer be on sale in the UK, but AFAIK it is still in production. I really can't see parts availability becoming an issue unless you plan to keep the car till it drops (being a Suzuki, that could be well through the next decade or beyond).

Suzuki Baleno - Suzuki Baleno 2016-2019 buying advice - daveyK_UK
Parts won’t be an issue, it shares many common components