What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cars with 3 rear adult seats & boot space? - Nick Jayes
Hi all
Looking for makes & models of any cars that have rear passenger seats that are all full adult size please ?
Also need boot space for the dog (so no 7 seaters).
Thanks
Cars with 3 rear adult seats & boot space? - badbusdriver

Difficult to answer without a budget?.

Also, your wanting 3 adult sized seats rather than space for 3 adults, which isn't the same thing. Were it not for that, I'd be suggesting things like the Skoda Superb and Ford Mondeo, but while both have ample space for 3 adults on the rear bench, the middle section isn't properly shaped like the outer two.

The Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Rifter/Vauxhall Combo Life (all essentially the same car but with different badges) have three proper seats in the back, plus a large boot. But cheapest of those is going to be circa £9k, and the 1.3 turbo petrol engine (Puretech) does seem to be getting a reputation for failures, so I'd be a bit wary.

So, let us know what your budget is, what your expected annual mileage is, what type of journeys, auto or manual etc.

Cars with 3 rear adult seats & boot space? - RT
Hi all Looking for makes & models of any cars that have rear passenger seats that are all full adult size please ? Also need boot space for the dog (so no 7 seaters). Thanks

Start by checking recommended models for rear shoulder room - for 3 full size adults, you'll need around 1500mm - few cars with 3 seat belts in the back have that.

My suggestion is VW Touareg - but that's not a cheap option.

Cars with 3 rear adult seats & boot space? - Brit_in_Germany

A five-seater S Max would be my choice.

Cars with 3 rear adult seats & boot space? - badbusdriver

A five-seater S Max would be my choice.

Why not a Galaxy?, it is after all the same car but with more headroom. Actually any 'full sized' 7 seat MPV would suit with the 3rd row seats either removed or folded into the floor.

Cars with 3 rear adult seats & boot space? - Ian_SW

It depends how big the three adults are.

Three relatively slim, relatively short adults will be perfectly comfortable across the back seat of an Astra, but that's not going to be very comfortable for three rugby prop forwards!

Assuming the people only want to sit in two rows, if they are too big to be comfortable in a big car like a Superb, Insignia etc, there isn't much wider that it can get without being a van - a MPV or SUV may offer a bit more shoulder room, but the overall seat base is about the same width.

Even then, three people across the front of a Transit is not exactly spacious for the middle passenger, though they do have to allow a bit more width for the driver so they can use the steering wheel and gearstick. The big 'luxury' van based MPVs, used by hotels/airlines as posh taxis, such as the Merc V Class, VW Caravelle etc. only have two seats across the width as three full size executive seats wouldn't fit.

The best compromise is probably going to be a full size 7 seater like an S-Max or Galaxy, and just leave the rear two seats folded all the time to have a decent sized boot.