What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Flying car makes first flight. - badbusdriver

(YT Clip)

watch

Well I guess flying cars have been a pipe dream of inventors/entrepreneurs/opportunists for years with very little success. But hey, there is a lot of money sloshing about out there these days. In fact I was just hearing on the radio the other day about how many new billionaires there are in the world this year, so no doubt, they will be able to sell enough to make it worth doing!. But lets face it, it isn't the most graceful looking thing when in its 'car' mode!.

Flying car makes first flight. - edlithgow

(YT Clip)

watch

Well I guess flying cars have been a pipe dream of inventors/entrepreneurs/opportunists for years with very little success. But hey, there is a lot of money sloshing about out there these days. In fact I was just hearing on the radio the other day about how many new billionaires there are in the world this year, so no doubt, they will be able to sell enough to make it worth doing!. But lets face it, it isn't the most graceful looking thing when in its 'car' mode!.

Thing is, if you can afford one of these, you can afford a nice car, and you can afford a nice plane. Quite hard to think of good reasons to buy an inevitably compromised hybrid between the two.

This MIZAR (Don't we have a user of the same name?) promotional film has a go, based on the big jessie private pilot owner being sooo stressed out by having to move his luggage. Not really The Right Stuff, or entirely convincing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=shUk8RIdy0g

Flying car makes first flight. - badbusdriver

Thing is, if you can afford one of these, you can afford a nice car, and you can afford a nice plane. Quite hard to think of good reasons to buy an inevitably compromised hybrid between the two.

Yes, exactly.

But for those with plenty of money and have to have the 'latest thing', it will surely be a must have!

Flying car makes first flight. - Andrew-T

<< But for those with plenty of money and have to have the 'latest thing', it will surely be a must have! >>

Like so many other human inventions, it may be feasible as long as only the very rich can afford it. When most people get one, no longer.

We can hardly manage personal traffic in two dimensions, so I hate to think what life might be like when the air gets full of drones and these daft novelties.

Flying car makes first flight. - Terry W

I want one for my super yacht.

The 'copter is a real inconvience, ship to shore, then I need to find a limo and driver.

Flying car makes first flight. - sammy1

Traffic lights and air corridors on sky hooks. Vertical take off to get you out of jams.

Flying car makes first flight. - edlithgow

I want one for my super yacht.

The 'copter is a real inconvience, ship to shore, then I need to find a limo and driver.

Just learn to rappel. Very 007 entrance (unless you actually were some kind of spy, in which case you might want to be just a bit more low key and arrive in a Lada)

Flying car makes first flight. - John F

Will we need a PPL for helicopters?