What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - Theflyingpostman
Is anybody to have owned the smallest diesel engine Rio on the market?
I am think to buy this car, I have taken a test driver I like the car, I am aim to buy the most fuel efficiency rather the performance for my long driving to work as I am self-employment take medical tablets etc. to the hospitals in Southern of England, which I am average 120-190 miles per day. My currently car is Fiat Bravo 1.6 Mutljet Eco now is at 178,600 miles is start to leak oil from the crankcase seal it can be repair, but the bad rusty on the subframe is about time to look for another car.

When the Rio say it can do 78.8mpg I was wonder if it is real figures? My Bravo was supposed to do 64.8mpg, but I am only average on computer trip 57mpg (the real mpg is round 54mpg)

Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - Oli rag

Very few cars achieve their quotes mpg figure. According to the real mpg section on here a 1.1 crdt Rio will get between 60 mpg or 66mpg for the newer 2017 on model.

Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - Engineer Andy
Is anybody to have owned the smallest diesel engine Rio on the market? I am think to buy this car, I have taken a test driver I like the car, I am aim to buy the most fuel efficiency rather the performance for my long driving to work as I am self-employment take medical tablets etc. to the hospitals in Southern of England, which I am average 120-190 miles per day. My currently car is Fiat Bravo 1.6 Mutljet Eco now is at 178,600 miles is start to leak oil from the crankcase seal it can be repair, but the bad rusty on the subframe is about time to look for another car. When the Rio say it can do 78.8mpg I was wonder if it is real figures? My Bravo was supposed to do 64.8mpg, but I am only average on computer trip 57mpg (the real mpg is round 54mpg)

To confirm Oil Rag's post, here are the links to the Honest John Section in question (generally - chose your make, then model and then see the table for each engine type):

www.honestjohn.co.uk/real-mpg/

The link is on ther main header (HOME - got to the right hand side, next to FORUM)

The the exact details for the latest two Rio models from 2011-17 and 2017 onwards respectively:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/kia/rio-2011

www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/kia/rio-2017

It's a handy feature, though it is more so the more people populate the data.

Note to the mods that it may be useful feedback to the site owners/staff that like with the TyreReviews website, the number of Real MPG figures for each engine size per car model needs to be given, to be able to assess the accuracy of the figures quoted, as it could just one person's data (unreliable) or 100 or 1000.

We just don't know - it doesn't necessarily correlate that popular models (by sales) will be those with the largest number of figures - it likely more depends upon the buying habits of those people who regularly frequent this website, which may skew the results somewhat.

I also believe that it would also help accuracy if each person entering the data also had a choice of 'driving syle', as a 'Captain Slow' type would like achieve a better mpg for the same car/engine as a boy racer.

Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - Sprice

If you need a fuel efficient car, I'd go for a 9th gen - 2012 - 2017 - Honda Civic 1.6 DTEC. I had one between 2014 and 2018 and in my ownership it averaged nearly 70 mpg, this is calculated brim to brim, not computer. The best I did was 78 mpg, the worst 60, again all calculated, plus it will be far better than a 1.1 Rio.

Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - JonestHon

If you need a fuel efficient car, I'd go for a 9th gen - 2012 - 2017 - Honda Civic 1.6 DTEC. I had one between 2014 and 2018 and in my ownership it averaged nearly 70 mpg, this is calculated brim to brim, not computer. The best I did was 78 mpg, the worst 60, again all calculated, plus it will be far better than a 1.1 Rio.

Is the 1.6 Honda diesel reliable? I see a long list of issues in the HJ Good/bad list of Honda equipped with this motor, or is it just bad luck of the posters?

Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - SLO76
Perfectly decent wee car for your sort of usage. Robust chain driven 1.1 3cyl turbo diesel pulls well enough and it’ll do 150k upwards easy enough with regular servicing. It’s genuinely capable of 65mpg if driven with restraint and they’re cheap to buy compared with other diesel superminis. Just remember that the 7yr warranty is only valid if the car has a full Kia dealer service history and it runs to 100,000 miles. It’s worth paying extra for an approved used example to get that warranty but again it would mean forking out for dealer servicing.

To drive they’re a bit dull, with numb steering but high speed stability is good and ride comfort is decent. They’re practical enough and generally very robust plus the 3cyl diesel pulls well and has character. There’s no reason not to buy a well cared for example, it’s ideal for a high mileage delivery vehicle.
Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - _

I have had 3 Kia cars, a Rio 1.2 petrol, a venga 1.4 petrol and currently a Sportage 1.6 petrol, all without problems.

I f you are buying used consider a venga diesel the 1.4 and 1.6 diesel available, but again go for an approved used from a kia dealer.

The Venga, is based on the RIo and is tardis like inside, also with a superior driving position.

AS SLO says, go for approved used whatever you buy.

Kia Rio 1.2CRDT - Kia Rio diesel real mpg? - Theflyingpostman
Thank you all for a very helpful tips.
Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Edited by Theflyingpostman on 11/06/2021 at 14:22