Jaguar S-Type diesel - Battery - mcb100
I’ve just parked my Jaguar for what will probably be six weeks, and I’m debating whether or not to disconnect the battery. It’s a fresh Yuasa, so in good condition, so the debate is to either wield an 8mm spanner and remove the earth lead or not.
It’s parked on the street so a trickle charger isn’t an option, and it’s now too late to get a solar charger.

Edited by mcb100 on 17/05/2021 at 11:34

Jaguar S-Type diesel - Battery - elekie&a/c doctor
Nothing wrong with disconnecting the battery. Just make sure you can open the boot manually . Once the electric is off , there is no remote open facility. Also the Epb may not work straight away after reconnecting . You may need to cycle the switch to reinitialise the system.
I’m well versed in rebooting the EPB from lots of previous failures, caused by an incorrectly specified battery being fitted by the previous owner.
There is a keyhole in the boot lid, so all good there.
Jaguar S-Type diesel - Battery - Metropolis.

If the S-type is anything like Land Rovers (albeit it is on a Lincoln/Ford chassis not LR), there will be a manual override in the centre console, usually you have to remove some plastic to get to it. On the Discovery 3 for example www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsDGy_Kp6c

"not a lot of people know this.." but it could get you out of a sticky situation if the S-Type has a similar cable pull-release.

If the S-type is anything like Land Rovers (albeit it is on a Lincoln/Ford chassis not LR), there will be a manual override in the centre console, usually you have to remove some plastic to get to it. On the Discovery 3 for example www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsDGy_Kp6c

It’s a case of lifting the boot floor, pulling the earth lead off the battery for a few seconds, reconnecting again and resetting the EPB. I’ve not had to do it since fitting a new battery. I did discover that the single most useful tool to carry in the S-Type is an 8mm spanner, being careful not to drop it down the side of the battery…