What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Shares in Hairspray set to rocket? - Dave Etchells
April has come late this year, I think. Check out page 10 of today's Daily Mail, and pay attention to the author - Simon Heffer's - comments midway down the fourth column.

For those that do not have access to this "great british newspaper" it reads and I quote " We have heard regretable stories of angry drivers wrecking speed cameras, or coating their number plates with hairspray to avoid detection by them". Reference the last comment, why have we not been told? Should I off myself to the local supermarket while stocks last?
Re: Shares in Hairspray set to rocket? - Tom Shaw
I have heard the story about coating the numberplate with hairspray many times Dave, but I would not like to trust my licence to that one. One of the motorcycle mags tried all those sort of tricks in an experiment some time ago, and none of them worked.

Some bikers were reported to have made plates which were hinged across the middle, and when operated by a switch on the handlebar the bottom half of the plate would flip up to cover the top, often complete with an offensive message on display.

Disgraceful behavior.
Re:Hairspray- rocket - steve paterson
There's a good story on the New Scientist / Bizzare tales website.
" Two members of the Lothian and Borders traffic police were recently having a pleasant time out on the Scottish moors, trapping speeding motorists with a radar gun. Suddenly their equipment went crazy, registering a speed of over 300mph, it then locked up completely. Seconds later the startled boys in blue understood why as a low flying harrier jet screamed over their heads. Upset that their radar gun had been broken the police put in a complaint to the RAF - only to discover that the damage could have been much worse. The RAF informed them that the Harriers target seeker had locked on to what it interpreted as enemy radar. This immediately triggered an automatic air to surface missile attack. Fortunately for the two policemen, the Harrier was operating unarmed"
Re:Hairspray- rocket - Alex. L. Dick
There were so many official denials from several quarters I incline to think the Harrier story might have something in it!