What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
n/a - Missing posts - FP

At least two posts have gone missing from the "Ford Radio Codes" thread. Earlier today, someone asked for a radio code, which I gave. If the poster comes back, there is now nothing for him to see.

n/a - Missing posts - Andrew-T

Other posts (as indicated by the latest time and date) are also invisible. I assumed they had been deleted by the mods, but maybe not ?

n/a - Missing posts - Avant

I haven't deleted anything on the Ford radio codes threads - nwiother the new one started by Sophie or the old one started by Greenblood.

Not suire what the problem is: on both of these threads the last post is the one shown on ther 'front page'. In the Sophie thread that's.one of yours, FP.

Once again my thanks to those of you who patiently answer these queries - nearly always about Fords for some reason.

n/a - Missing posts - FP

Thank you, Avant. The posts are back now, but didn't show when I started the present thread.

Regarding responding to requests for radio codes, I have a way of dealing with these which is quite quick, so it's really not much trouble.

n/a - Missing posts - bathtub tom

There seems to be a delay between the 'new post' icon appearing and that post actually appearing in the thread.

This is currently happening on the vaccination rate thread in General discussion ( non motoring ). It indicates the latest post was 7 Feb 2021 09:06, but the latest post in the thread is Sat 6 Feb 2021 22:22.

Similarly with Would you buy a car with half a steering wheel? in Motoring discussion. Newest post indicated 7 Feb 2021 09:41, last post Sun 7 Feb 2021 09:38.

There seems to be a delay between the 'new post' icon appearing and that post actually appearing in the thread..

That's about it. At the moment the latest post is shown as 22:58. The newest post visible is about 7 hours earlier. But after this was submitted the 22:58 post appeared as well as this one. Probably they will disappear again later ?

Edited by Andrew-T on 07/02/2021 at 23:07

n/a - Missing posts - sammy1

There has been a delay in some posts reaching the read section very similar to the problem reported about 4 weeks ago. The header section gives the time and date of the last post but when you go looking it is sometimes not there.

n/a - Missing posts - FP

A post I made this afternoon in this thread appeared as soon as posted it, disappeared shortly afterwards, re-appeared and has now disappeared again.

There seems to be something seriously wrong with the website.

P.S. And just now it's re-appeared again.

Edited by FP on 07/02/2021 at 23:02

Not sure what the problem is: on both of these threads the last post is the one shown on the 'front page'. In the Sophie thread that's.one of yours, FP.

I'm wondering if a trap has been implemented to bin spam posts before they join a thread. The Bangernomics thread under General shows a new post today (7th) but the latest one I can see is from Jan.20th. Somewhere something is up.

Just to add - BBD's thread about 100 years of Mazda shows 2 replies, but none appear - not on my screen, anyway.

Edited by Andrew-T on 07/02/2021 at 14:43

n/a - Missing posts - FP

Just to clarify: I started this thread because I replied to a post, checked my post (both were present), but when I checked back a while later, both had disappeared.

It all seems bizarre to me, but I don't understand enough of the working of websites to judge.

n/a - Missing posts - Avant

Nor do I, so I'll stay out of it. The less I have to do with the workings (?) of software, the happier I am.

But by all means enquire of Kalpesh, our IT guru (kalpesh@honestjohn.co.uk). He has been looking at how to stop the multiple spam pondlife, so it's possible that there could be a connection.

n/a - Missing posts - edlithgow

Yeh, I've had a few disappear. At least two are AWOL at the moment, and the Peaking Capacitor thread wouldn't load for a few days.

Its worth typing locally in a Word document or similar, and keeping it for a while, but I keep forgetting to do that.

n/a - Missing posts - FP

I have e-mailed Kalpesh as suggested, directing him to this thread.

n/a - Missing posts - Metropolis.

I have found this as well. I have narrowed it down to the app. If I log in on my pc, the posts are all up to date. On the app I can see that someone has commented, but going through to read it nothing is there.

n/a - Missing posts - RT

I have found this as well. I have narrowed it down to the app. If I log in on my pc, the posts are all up to date. On the app I can see that someone has commented, but going through to read it nothing is there.

I get that - but on my PC as I don't use my phone to access the internet.

If I log in on my pc, the posts are all up to date. On the app I can see that someone has commented, but going through to read it nothing is there.

I always work on a PC. Just now I expect to find a post on this thread several minutes later than yours - it's not visible. So it may depend on the browser: here it's Chrome under W-10.

And after submitting this, the 19:22 post is showing, almost 4 hours after being sent.

Edited by Andrew-T on 08/02/2021 at 23:14