What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Probe Immobiliser Problem - peterpan
Help, i have a '96 2.5 v24 ford probe, wont start, no spark and i think its the immobiliser failed, can anyone offer any advice .
i have taken out the 'black box ' circuit board out from centre console for inspection and found some form of corrosion/malfunction. ford have said £60 for new component, had new engine last year so can therefore rule out distributor failure. your opinoins/advice would be well received as soon as possible.

thank you
XXX
Ford Probe Immobiliser Problem - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Immobiliser failure is common. Can be bypassed but for obvious reasons cannot divulge 'on air'!
Your local friendly auto electrician should know how to get round it and by the way, tell your insurers!
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!
Ford Immobiliser Problem - daughters_with_cars
I was searching the site for help with my wife's N reg Fiesta Ghai - the immobiliser was always a bit iffy, but now it won't 'go to green' , and the car is stranded.

You said you can bypass this , Andrew , I checked your website - no longer there.

Any chance of sending instructions ?

cgkstevenson@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks !
Ford Probe Immobiliser Problem - Robin the Technician
My son has one of these beasts- sadly with the timing belt pulley bolt snapped off in the block- but that's another story. I am told that the distributor is notorious for packing up on these. It can be fixed for around £50 or alternatively buying a new one at about £800. Try the Ford Probe owners club www.fpoc.co.uk they are a most helpful bunch of people I've ever come across. Not often you get to praise a group of people but, there, I've said it and i mean it. I'm sure someone will be able to offer you help and assistance.

These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Ford Probe Immobiliser Problem - E.B.
Sounds like you have the Bosch immobiliser fitted. They fail frequently and the problem is down to a dry solder connection on a high current part of the circuit. If you inspect it carefully you should be to see it (not very easy though to the untrained eye). A decent blob of solder should cure the problem.
Ford Probe Immobiliser Problem - elekie&a/c doctor
You need to get the immobiliser repaired or by-passed first.If this does not cure the problem ,then I would think the distributor is faulty.The 2 components in the distributor are available from Ford (coil & igniter unit)about £80 each.