What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Radio Code - Boicey

I have an 07 Fiesta. I have tried a few sources to find the radio code and all come up with the same code which is apparently incorrect. Believe the radio is stock. V049862 if it helps.

Ford Fiesta - Radio Code - elekie&a/c doctor
I make it 7847 . What do you have ?
I make it 7847 . What do you have ?

7847. I've had that from about half a dozen sources. Doesn't work though.

Have you checked the actual serial number printed on the radio label ?

Have no way of removing the unit at the moment.

Ford Fiesta - Radio Code - FP

Please do check that you have read the serial number correctly. Sorry if that's obvious, but mistakes are made sometimes.

Please do check that you have read the serial number correctly. Sorry if that's obvious, but mistakes are made sometimes.

I have triple checked it

I can confirm the code for the serial number should be 7847.

Are you entering the code correctly? (I.e. press button 1 repeatedly until 7 shows, then button 2 until 8 shows, etc., then press button 5 and hold to confirm.)

I can confirm the code for the serial number should be 7847.

Are you entering the code correctly? (I.e. press button 1 repeatedly until 7 shows, then button 2 until 8 shows, etc., then press button 5 and hold to confirm.)

Correct. Just shows Incorrect when I do. Tried 3 times now.

Then you will have to get the unit out to see the serial number on the chassis. If that doesn't help you would have to replace the unit anyway.

Ford Fiesta - Radio Code - Galaxy

How did you obtain the Serial Number of the radio, OP? If it was from the manual then please note that manuals can and do get swapped around between cars when they pass through a dealers premises. So the manual your car now has isn't necessarily the one the car started it's life with when new.

You might be able to obtain the Serial Number by holding down buttons 1 & 6 or 2 & 6 together on the radio and scrolling through the verious numbers that are displayed. The Serial Number should be one of the numbers displayed.

If this doesn't work then, as FP has correctly suggested, you'll have to pull the radio out from the dashboard a few inches and read the Serial Number directly from the white label that's on the case.

How did you obtain the Serial Number of the radio, OP? If it was from the manual then please note that manuals can and do get swapped around between cars when they pass through a dealers premises. So the manual your car now has isn't necessarily the one the car started it's life with when new.

You might be able to obtain the Serial Number by holding down buttons 1 & 6 or 2 & 6 together on the radio and scrolling through the verious numbers that are displayed. The Serial Number should be one of the numbers displayed.

If this doesn't work then, as FP has correctly suggested, you'll have to pull the radio out from the dashboard a few inches and read the Serial Number directly from the white label that's on the case.

Yeah I got it from holding 1&6. I've ordered some pullers now.

I find it odd that if what looks like a genuine code has been generated by pressing buttons 1 and 6 and the label on the chassis says something different - why would this difference occur? How is it possible the code on the display is wrong? Or is it a sign the radio has been interfered with in some major way and is possibly non-functional?

I'm intrigued to see what the label on the chassis says.

Holding preset buttons 1&6 will put the system into diag mode . The last display should show “Crin “ . Car radio identification number . Following this , the serial number should be displayed V xxxxxx. The code cannot be changed on these .

I agree with you, FP.

I've never heard of the Serial Number obtained by pressing Buttons 1 and 6 being wrong.

Something isn't quite right here. I don't suppose the Serial Number could be an "M" and not a "V", could it?

Yes, I too will be very interested to hear what the label says.

I agree with you, FP.

I've never heard of the Serial Number obtained by pressing Buttons 1 and 6 being wrong.

Something isn't quite right here. I don't suppose the Serial Number could be an "M" and not a "V", could it?

Yes, I too will be very interested to hear what the label says.

Key pullers coming tomorrow I'll let you know!

Received the pullers. Radio has two serial numbers on it. Same as I've mentioned already.

Clueless.

2 serial numbers ? Both the same or different? What model radio is this?
2 serial numbers ? Both the same or different? What model radio is this?

CD6000.

Both serial numbers are V049862.

"Radio has two serial numbers on it. Same as I've mentioned already."

Could you please tell us what exactly is on the radio.

Edited by FP on 01/06/2020 at 22:47

"Radio has two serial numbers on it. Same as I've mentioned already."

Could you please tell us what exactly is on the radio.

Single CD - KW2000.

Serial V049862.

If the radio won't accept the correct code, then it must be faulty . Bin it and get a replacement. Plenty on flea-bay from around £25. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 mins?

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 02/06/2020 at 08:07

Well, There's clearly no doubt whatsoever as to what the Serial Number is now!

I'm really puzzled. Must have done hundreds of these Ford Radio Codes over the years, as would have the others who do them, and have never come across this situation.

The only thing I can come up with, in addition to what Elekie has already mentioned that the radio must be faulty and disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, is the question of how you are entering the code.

Press Button#1 - Seven times

Press Button#2 - Eight times

Press Button#3 - Four times

Press Button#4- Seven times

PressButton#5 - Once to actually enter the code into the radio

Please note that you only press Button#5 once to enter the code after all four numerals of the code ( 7847) have been entered. You don't press Button# 5 after every single numeral entry.

I don't have anything else to suggest, I'm afraid.

Well, There's clearly no doubt whatsoever as to what the Serial Number is now!

I'm really puzzled. Must have done hundreds of these Ford Radio Codes over the years, as would have the others who do them, and have never come across this situation.

The only thing I can come up with, in addition to what Elekie has already mentioned that the radio must be faulty and disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, is the question of how you are entering the code.

Press Button#1 - Seven times

Press Button#2 - Eight times

Press Button#3 - Four times

Press Button#4- Seven times

PressButton#5 - Once to actually enter the code into the radio

Please note that you only press Button#5 once to enter the code after all four numerals of the code ( 7847) have been entered. You don't press Button# 5 after every single numeral entry.

I don't have anything else to suggest, I'm afraid.

That's exactly what I have been doing. Tried about 6 times so far so stumped. Gonna have to find somewhere to take it to sort.

If the radio won't accept the correct code, then it must be faulty . Bin it and get a replacement. Plenty on flea-bay from around £25. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 mins?

Radio worked no problem until I disconnected the battery. Odd.

It's very odd! I can't quite understand it.

Just to confirm what Elekie has said in that it will probably be cheaper to buy a replacement radio on something like Ebay than to attempt to get your radio tested and/or repaired.

I don't think that anyone here can help you any further, I'm afraid. I believe that we've now told you everything we can think of.

Hope you do manage to get something sorted out.

Good Luck!

Edited by Galaxy on 02/06/2020 at 14:22