What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Newish Vauxhall Auto boxes - NAthan smith
Hi all I know the ford auto box comes in for a bit of grilling when it comes to reliability but what about the Vauxhall’s auto box. Looking at the 2018 insignia 2.0 CDTI with an auto box - what should I look out for ?
Newish Vauxhall Auto boxes - RT

AFAIK GM/Vauxhall still use Aisin autoboxes which have a good reputation.

If it has a transmission dipstick, check the fluid colour - translucent red is fresh, opaque brown is normal, black is too late, walk away!

Newish Vauxhall Auto boxes - daveyK_UK
Ford auto boxes are now good, avoid any of the Ford powershift units and you will be okay.

Heard good things about the CVT in the latest Mondeo hybrid.
Newish Vauxhall Auto boxes - SLO76
Hi all I know the ford auto box comes in for a bit of grilling when it comes to reliability but what about the Vauxhall’s auto box. Looking at the 2018 insignia 2.0 CDTI with an auto box - what should I look out for ?

Gearbox is fine but Fiat designed engine tends to become very trouble prone beyond around 70,000 miles. You’ll notice few taxi drivers use them despite suiting the role size wise. Ask anyone who’s tried to run one as a taxi and you’ll hear loads of woe all engine related.
Newish Vauxhall Auto boxes - daveyK_UK

Gearbox is fine but Fiat designed engine tends to become very trouble prone beyond around 70,000 miles. You’ll notice few taxi drivers use them despite suiting the role size wise. Ask anyone who’s tried to run one as a taxi and you’ll hear loads of woe all engine related.

The rear seats are also cramped for use as a taxi Somehow GM managed to design a large car with a cramped interior