Mini Cooper S R56 2007 - DAB aerial solution - Englishbullterrier

Hi all. My S is fitted with the factory AM/FM radio all built into the circular speedo assembly, hence no DAB.

Does anyone know if there was DAB option at that time please ? I'm not looking to change the radio itself, but I have added a DAB adaptor going in through the Aux port.

Unfortunately, a window mounted antenna simply is not good enough signal strength for anywhere except right in the middle of a town.

I'd trying to establish whether there is a combination AM/FM/DAB antenna that was factory fitted so I can try one.

Thanks all....................ebt

Mini Cooper S R56 2007 - DAB aerial solution - elekie&a/c doctor
I think this car is too early for any factory dab installation . Any add on work to the radio system on these is a mission . You may find more info www.realoem.com/
Mini Cooper S R56 2007 - DAB aerial solution - Railroad.

One solution is to buy a Pure Highway. It's a DAB receiver that transmits an FM signal to which you tune your existing car radio. I've had one in my work van for about 12 years, and it works perfectly. You can even pause or rewind live radio. The only snag is it does lose signal more in poor reception areas than the DAB radio in our car does. In good signal areas it works just as well.

Thanks, I'd already bought the Pure 200. However, the window antenna is pretty poor reception except in the middle of town. I have it connected via the AUX in, not via the FM xmitter.

I'm now looking to change the factory antenna for one that also has DAB and will route the DAB cable along the nearside, tucking it into the headlining.

Thanks............

Mini Cooper S R56 2007 - DAB aerial solution - Railroad.

That's also the case with mine. I have an original Pure Highway. I bought it in 2008. Only today I've fitted a new antenna and an adapter cable for a total of £16. I haven't been anywhere yet with a poor signal, so I don't yet know how much of an improvement, if any, it's going to make. Hopefully it will be better than before. I get a full signal where I live, but I lose it four miles up the road. Time will tell.

Thanks for your time......ebt