What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Mk 2 - ESP light on dash - Poor Iris

Hi,I had a problem with my Focus mk2 1.6l 2010,I started it and the ESP (skidding car) light came on with "reduced acceleration" on the display.So I limped home fearing the worst,I restarted engine and all was back to normal,no lights and normal acceleration.This was 3 days ago.Today I put a OBD2 tester on it and it showed no fault codes or pending codes.One thing I have noticed recently is when I reverse down my sloping cul de sac street,when I brake there is a bit of a grinding noise from the rear wheel (not sure which one yet) but braking in forward makes no noise,I will check the shoes asap but do you think this could be the cause of theESP light coming on?

Ford Focus Mk 2 - ESP light on dash - elekie&a/c doctor

The esp system works in conjunction with the abs function. A basic obd scanner is unlikely to give you adequate faults and data. Don't think the grinding noise is the issue . If the fault were related to a wheel speed sensor , then it is likely the abs light would be illuminated. Get the system checked with more comprehensive test kit.

Ford Focus Mk 2 - ESP light on dash - Railroad.

The ESP (Electronic Stability Program) system helps prevent skidding by reducing engine power and applying the brakes on each wheel individually to correct oversteer and understeer. Data is collected from all four wheel sensors, a steering angle sensor and a yaw rate sensor. An EOBD scantool will not be able to read faults or data for the ABS system. They read engine emission data only.....

Thanks for Your reply.

Thanks for your reply.