Skoda Fabia Estate - Please Help - Clarification on CAT-S Car - omg

Please find the attached images -

ibb.co/Hry6dDv
ibb.co/rxQS4Sb
ibb.co/52XxG1m

I am trying to purchase a CAT-S car.

Few clarifications, Please kindly provide your inputs -

1. How come a car with a small damage was categorised as CAT-S ?
2. This damage to the front of the car - could this damage would have resulted in internal structure like welding items near the engine area ?
3. Should i ask or look for specific things in the car prior to the purchase ?

I have seen the car. It looks neat and clean.

Note that i am not a car mechanic. First car . so a novice. And that is why i am posting the question here.

Regards

Skoda Fabia Estate - Please Help - Clarification on CAT-S Car - SLO76
Wouldn’t touch it. It’s been written-off as being uneconomic to repair properly by the insurer. Unless it’s minor cosmetic damage on an older low value car I wouldn’t touch one.

The new Category S means the vehicle has suffered structural damage. This could include a bent or twisted chassis, or a crumple zone that has collapsed in a crash. Category S damage is more than just cosmetic.

Buy a good older car instead. Cheap paint and aftermarket panel repairs will deteriorate quickly and poorly repaired structural damage will reduce the cars crashworthiness.
Skoda Fabia Estate - Please Help - Clarification on CAT-S Car - badbusdriver
Wouldn’t touch it. It’s been written-off as being uneconomic to repair properly by the insurer. Unless it’s minor cosmetic damage on an older low value car I wouldn’t touch one. The new Category S means the vehicle has suffered structural damage. This could include a bent or twisted chassis, or a crumple zone that has collapsed in a crash. Category S damage is more than just cosmetic. Buy a good older car instead. Cheap paint and aftermarket panel repairs will deteriorate quickly and poorly repaired structural damage will reduce the cars crashworthiness.

Ditto, wouldn't go anywhere near that!

Skoda Fabia Estate - Please Help - Clarification on CAT-S Car - daveyjp
You need to think through where the energy from this impact will have gone.

There is obvious damage to the structure behind the wing and the sill is impacted below the front door.

It's also a hit to the front wheel so there may well be lots of damage to the suspension, drive shaft splines and subsequently the gearbox.

Its a mess and needs to be crushed!
Skoda Fabia Estate - Please Help - Clarification on CAT-S Car - bathtub tom
Note that i am not a car mechanic. First car . so a novice. And that is why i am posting the question here.

That's the first reason you shouldn't go anywhere near it. I know the price looks very attractive, but you'll be paying others to repair it and as others have said Cat S means structural damage.

Skoda Fabia Estate - Please Help - Clarification on CAT-S Car - nellyjak

Walk away from that sharpish...or preferably run away...wouldn't entertain it at any price.