What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta mk8 - Awful gear change - primus 1
Hi, I have a fiesta mk8, bought new in October 2017, it’s a lovely car to drive, or was, over the last few months the gearchange has become really awful, it’s hard to describe fully, but it clunks in the first three gears, sometimes it resists going in especially second gear, and sometimes it won’t come out of gear, again second, although it doesn’t stick and will change, I’ve found there’s more resistance going in and out of gears, I’m wondering if it’s a syncro problem, ?, it’s better in 5 and 6, but I’m not sure if these are going the same way, have been back to supplying dealer twice, and the second time one of the service guys drove the car, but couldn’t offer a solution, I really don’t know what to do, the car is still under warranty, which was extended a further two years..but the dealer seem reluctant to book the car in to have a proper look, I guess something has to break before they will do anything..
Ford Fiesta mk8 - Awful gear change - elekie&a/c doctor
More likely to be a clutch issue rather then the gearbox / shift .
Is it possible the clutch isn’t releasing fully, ?
Ford Fiesta mk8 - Awful gear change - elekie&a/c doctor
Very possibly
Only done just over 8000 miles, I assume if the clutch is faulty I will have to pay...
Ford Fiesta mk8 - Awful gear change - Surreydriver

Your "supplying dealer" should sort this for you and the "mechanic" who could not offer a solution is in the wrong job. As answers above, it is most likely to be the clutch mechanism not operating properly. Take it back and insist they fix it. A problem like this with the car only 8000 miles old should be sorted to your satisfaction under warranty.

Yes it could be the clutch, I think it’s self adjusting, I’m going back to them this week
Ford Fiesta mk8 - Awful gear change - Big John

Clutch usually doesn't give you much resistance going out of gears. Could this be a gear linkage probem. It really needs to go into the dealer if it is under warranty. If it's wear in the cluth it won't be covered but I think this sounds more serious - which should be covered.

Problem is, they seem reluctant to investigate the problem, I guess if they strip the gearbox , and find nothing, then it costs them...