Ford focus - 2 warning light engine issues in 2 weeks of owning - Al S
Hi
I recently bought a 2015 Ford Focus from a car dealer. During the second drive the engine warning light came on and so I was off the road for a week before I could get the car back to the dealer. The dealer said one of the spark plug coils was showing as wet and so they replaced it. One week later after around 300 more miles the warning light has come on again and I’m due to take the car back again on Saturday.
I suppose I would like some reassurance that I shouldn’t just ask for my money back. Is this just bad luck or might there be an underlying issue with the car. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Alex
Ford focus - 2 warning light engine issues in 2 weeks of owning - SLO76
If it has the 1.0 Ecoboost then immediately ask for your money back and seek legal advice if they refuse. These engines are notorious for failures and are best avoided. Buy a Honda Civic, Toyota Auris or Mazda 3 instead.
Ford focus - 2 warning light engine issues in 2 weeks of owning - Big John

Take it back:-

www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights

Ford focus - 2 warning light engine issues in 2 weeks of owning - andrew bairsto

A younger neighbor of mine has an ecoboost estate it has now clocked up a 150000 km with absolutely no problems they appear to have sold a lot round here whether they are all as reliable I would not know.