What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Ecoboost -Worthy of Consideration - Car

Thinking of purchasing one of these as thinking of moving back to petrol, the ones I'm looking at are Mk4 1.6T Ecoboost

I'm aware that the 1.0 ecoboost don't have a good reputation but what about the 1.6 ecoboost?

Thanks

Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Ecoboost -Worthy of Consideration - Avant

Have a look at SLO76's reply to the Ford Focus estate thread. Lots of good advice there which should help you too.

Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Ecoboost -Worthy of Consideration - SLO76
It’s a fine option, nice to drive and the engine which is based on the older Yamaha designed Zetec SE offers Japanese levels of reliability if looked after. A bit greedy in the Mondeo but it’s far less likely to go wrong than the diesels and offers good performance. I’d happily buy or recommend one.
Ford Mondeo - Ford Mondeo Ecoboost -Worthy of Consideration - Car

Thank you SLO76. I presume you mean by greedy you mean mpg ? Looking at HJ real mpg the mondeo ecoboost averages 42mpg my current diesel aveages 48mpg.

Btw other cars I'm considering are Hyundai ix35 with 1.6 petrol , Vauxhall zafira Tourer with 1.4 turbo petrol and Honda Civic with 1.6 detac or 1.8 petrol.