What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Motorhouse 2000 - Cheeky
Just seen Motorhouse 2000 car supermarket flogging brand new alfa 166's (2.0, 2.5, 3.0) for £13-£16k. Even if they're imports, it seems an amazing buy - about £7000-£7500 off UK list.
Motorhouse 2000 - J500ANT
Unfortunately they'll lose the same amount once they hit the road.

Tony
Rather, they'll lose the same amount again, once they hit the road.

Tony
Motorhouse 2000 - Morris Ox
Truth about the 166? It was designed before the 156 but came out afterwards. Went back in for a restyle when Alfa got cold feet about the original look of the nose.

Perfectly okay car, but right up there with the Peugeot 607 in the prestige stakes.
Motorhouse 2000 - DavidHM
Yeah, in the gutter looking at the stars :-)

Actually at £13k, if you think of it as an interesting alternative to a Mondeo, it makes some sense for the few punters they need to sell out.

It's not an amazing car by any means, but it's well priced and won't lose £7k as soon as it's out of the showroom... I know Tony has been burned in this way but it should take a good couple of years for it to lose its £7k and it is at least interesting while it's happening.

Would I buy one? No, because I'm not passionate enough about Alfas - but if that's what you want, then I have to say it makes a great deal of sense.
At the Fiat dealer that I got my money pit from they never had a 166 demonstrator because Alfa wouldnt subsidise it enough to make it worthwhile.

They reckoned that a 156 was a better car to drive and own, and not a lot smaller inside either.

Tony :)
Motorhouse 2000 - fitz
Out of interest, the current issue of carbuyer magazine highlight this deal on page 102.