Honda CR-V 2015 - Satnav not always showing speed limits - Mike H

OK, not a big problem, but annoying, and one that the dealer can't fix.

First of all, just a reminder that this is an Austrian registered car, because that's where we live :-)

Last year, the car developed bluetooth connectivity problems, so the local dealer, from where we purchased the car, updated the software, which fixed the problem. Before the update, the satnav was working fine and correctly showed the current speed limit wherever I was driving. It even picked up within a couple of days that a new 30kph limit had been introduced in our village outside the school. Since the update, it no longer shows speeds limits in random, but consistent, areas. I can't be sure either, that it's showing correct limits when it does display them, as there are a few places locally where the limits have been changed, and it still shows the old ones. The 2018 software update has been applied, and the maps are up to date. Clearly, I realise it's up to me to be observant and be aware of the speed limits when I'm driving, but this problem is beginning to bug me, particularly as everything was OK before the initial software update.

Has anyone else had this problem?

P.S. in case this post is familiar, I have posted it on another forum, with no success :-(

Edited by Mike H on 12/08/2018 at 14:04

Honda CR-V 2015 - Satnav not always showing speed limits - Bolt

OK, not a big problem, but annoying, and one that the dealer can't fix.

First of all, just a reminder that this is an Austrian registered car, because that's where we live :-)

Last year, the car developed bluetooth connectivity problems, so the local dealer, from where we purchased the car, updated the software, which fixed the problem. Before the update, the satnav was working fine and correctly showed the current speed limit wherever I was driving. It even picked up within a couple of days that a new 30kph limit had been introduced in our village outside the school. Since the update, it no longer shows speeds limits in random, but consistent, areas. I can't be sure either, that it's showing correct limits when it does display them, as there are a few places locally where the limits have been changed, and it still shows the old ones. The 2018 software update has been applied, and the maps are up to date. Clearly, I realise it's up to me to be observant and be aware of the speed limits when I'm driving, but this problem is beginning to bug me, particularly as everything was OK before the initial software update.

Has anyone else had this problem?

P.S. in case this post is familiar, I have posted it on another forum, with no success :-(

I have a Civic same date, It may not be a software problem, it could be a server problem, I`m in the UK and sometimes the speed limit is not picked up or has read national speed limit in 30mph areas

One area I go through past a railway station it shows a clearway sign? which I can only assume is a rail speed limit, road is 30mph so no idea why it picks that up...my sat nav is up to date as well...

But mine is consistent, so I doubt whether it's a server problem. It always fails to show the limit, , or shows out of date information, in the same places, including our village. Is thar the case with yours?

But mine is consistent, so I doubt whether it's a server problem. It always fails to show the limit, , or shows out of date information, in the same places, including our village. Is thar the case with yours?

Apart from updating the Garmin satnav software, I can only suggest returning to Honda, but the software update they gave would be for the device as you have to update the satnav yourself, so Honda told me, which I did about a month ago after checking the garmin site

Maps are all up to date. They updated them at the same time as the software. I then double checked them and a small update was applied, so it's not the maps themselves causing the problem

The dealer (and Honda) don'r seem to have any idea at the problem is.

Edited by Mike H on 12/08/2018 at 22:07

Maps are all up to date. They updated them at the same time as the software. I then double checked them and a small update was applied, so it's not the maps themselves causing the problem

The dealer (and Honda) don'r seem to have any idea at the problem is.

TBH I am not that keen on the garmin sat nav, its ok for getting you from A to B but it can be out on how far it is to certain junctions

I did check this morning on my usual run whether the speed limit does change as I have the imid displaying what the camera sees, the camera on mine picks up the limit from the signs much quicker than the garmin.

but did notice the same problem ie when the satnav did not change speed limit the imid display showed the correct speed as it passed the signs,(camera can miss sign if its covered by something like branches though)

I think I would be better off using google maps as its more accurate and shows speed limits as they change

Honda CR-V 2015 - Satnav not always showing speed limits - daveyjp

Any satnav is only as good as the data behind it.

I have no idea how speed limit data is gathered, but Garmin and other satnav software companies will rely on data from many other organisations.

I used my Garmin last week and the motorway 50 limits were still showing so I updated it. The day after a full update I went out for the day and one road which was a 40 limit was showing 60 on the satnav. This was in a very rural area, so probably not a priority.

My wife's Yaris has the speed sign detection camera - its useless and turned off.

By far the best invention for knowing the speed limit is a mark one eyeball and the brain behind it.

My wife's Yaris has the speed sign detection camera - its useless and turned off.

The Civic has the same but works a treat, and as the the display is next to the speedo you cannot miss it, only time it hasn`t worked is when a tree/bush has overgrown in front of the sign blocking it....

The Civic has the same but works a treat, and as the the display is next to the speedo you cannot miss it, only time it hasn`t worked is when a tree/bush has overgrown in front of the sign blocking it....

Mine doesn't have a camera, it picks up the limit from the satnav data I assume.

Mine doesn't have a camera, it picks up the limit from the satnav data I assume.

Which may mean the data supplied is wrong as, iirc, garmin use another company to make its mapping software from, I doubt its a problem with your device,and I think I remember they had a similar problem many years ago with data not being up to date or not correct, but I may be wrong on that ? someone may correct if wrong