What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic 1.4 2000MY - SRS light - Dave Heath
Hi, the SRS (Red) light has recently come on, bloke at Halfords I know put there diagnostics on and it came back with ground to earth on passenger and driver airbags. I have check all the wiring for evidence of short circuiting inc connectors. As both airbags are showing same fault is it likely to be any module/ecu anywhere else... cheers Dave
Honda Civic 1.4 2000MY - SRS light - elekie&a/c doctor

Not too sure what that means. Ground is earth. I would suggest you find some one that has more accurate diagnostic equpment, and understands what is going on.

Honda Civic 1.4 2000MY - SRS light - Big John

Have you got anything bouncing around under the front seats such as cans - could possibly interfere with the under seat pre-tensioner wiring/connectors

Edited by Big John on 26/06/2018 at 23:33

Doesn't have pre tensioners on this model.
The guy at Halfords was non the wiser. I assume it's a short circuit somewhere.
Honda Civic 1.4 2000MY - SRS light - gordonbennet

As noted by ElekieDoc, you need a proper chap, preferably an auto electrician on this, it is not within the scope of a general mechanic.

Warning, if the problem is inside the airbag itself the cost of either of these from Honda will effectively write the car off (had this issue on one of daughter's 2004ish Civics, new passenger airbag would have been some £1200) so a good used part is the only option.