What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus titanium x - radio code not needed after the battery replaced - joewright

Having posted recently regarding a parasitic draw [which I still have] I have been removing the battery connections to conserve power. Having reconnected the battery several times the radio comes on without resetting a code. This seems unusual as other cars I have had needed the code reset. Confused.

ford focus titanium x - radio code not needed after the battery replaced - elekie&a/c doctor

Not really. Ford stopped using radio codes from around 2010, when the display was mounted seperate from the radio controls.

ford focus titanium x - radio code not needed after the battery replaced - joewright

Thanks, my wife picked up on this so I have explained it to her

ford focus titanium x - radio code not needed after the battery replaced - FP

Yes - this seems odd.

However, there is definitely something, somewhere, in these cars that stores electricity, apart from the battery itself.

I had a flat battery; disconnected a terminal to charge it, whereupon the alarm sounded for some time. Something was powering the alarm. (I imagine this is to stop would-be thieves from disabling the alarm.)

I know next to nothing about car electrics - maybe someone else can shed some light. But it occurs to me that this might be connected (!) to your problem with a parasitic draw.

P.S. Having seen Elekie's post, I should point out that I'm talking about an 05 plate Focus.

Edited by FP on 22/06/2018 at 14:18

ford focus titanium x - radio code not needed after the battery replaced - elekie&a/c doctor

Many cars with factory alarm fits have a power sounder that has its own built in back up battery. Vary common to fail on loads of Vauxhall models.