What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia with a nervous twitch - badbusdriver

On my way to work this morning i passed a current shape Kia Cee'd going the other way and it's n/s daytime running light was flashing rapidly, not actually going on and off, but dull and bright. Made me think it had a nervous twitch, in fact the first thing that popped into my head was (the great) Herbert Lom in the Pink Panther films!.

On a more serious note though, it made me wonder what are the chances it could set off someone who suffers from epilepsy?

Kia with a nervous twitch - Bolt

Correct me if wrong, but don`t they need to flash at a certain rate to bring on epilepsy, like flash photography and strobe lighting.

also there are a few cars that use drl`s for indicators like Audi and Mercs do, I like them personaly

Kia with a nervous twitch - bathtub tom

there are a few cars that use drl`s for indicators like Audi and Mercs do, I like them personaly

I wouldn't have thought so, DRLs are white and indicators are supposed to be yellow.

I presume you have not heard of multicoloured leds then, as some cars have now, they go from full brightness to half then flash for indicators, some have line of seperate flashing leds that flash from one side to the other indicating direction of travel

I wouldnt like to pay for a damaged unit as they are expensive

I presume you have not heard of multicoloured leds then, as some cars have now, they go from full brightness to half then flash for indicators, some have line of seperate flashing leds that flash from one side to the other indicating direction of travel

I wouldnt like to pay for a damaged unit as they are expensive

I forgot to mention some are called scrolling indicators, which is what I was refering to above, but they can be sidelights combined

Kia with a nervous twitch - Andrew-T

.... some have line of seperate flashing leds that flash from one side to the other indicating direction of travel.

What goes around, comes around. I remember some of those awful American tubs with huge fins from the early 60s had sequential indicators. Just another gimmick to add to all the bits of chrome bling that they had to carry. And more bulbs to fail, of course - no LEDs back then.

Kia with a nervous twitch - mss1tw

These look so tacky. Like an aftermarket Halfords part. Of course as they are fitted to Audis everyone thinks they are awesome, because Audi.

I guarantee if, say, Hyundai had come up with these ridiculous things they would have got the slating they deserve

.... some have line of seperate flashing leds that flash from one side to the other indicating direction of travel.

What goes around, comes around. I remember some of those awful American tubs with huge fins from the early 60s had sequential indicators. Just another gimmick to add to all the bits of chrome bling that they had to carry. And more bulbs to fail, of course - no LEDs back then.

Problem with leds is if the unit goes wrong you have to replace the whole unit, unlike bulbs which can be replaced seperately,(though that could change) and I gather,(which may be old news) the EU is possibly going to bring in new regulation on led brightness due to complaints of how bright they are on cars

Kia with a nervous twitch - Metropolis.
I recently saw a newish VW Polo attempt to indicate right whilst waiting at the
lights. The right hand mirror folded in and out twice, the back wiper wiped, the
reverse lights went into a sort of strobe effect, all simultaneously.
The driver gave up indicating and carried on normal.. you see some interesting
things from a high driving position!
Kia with a nervous twitch - mss1tw

It's a new VAG take on CANBUS, to follow along with their core engineering principles

It's called CAN'T BUS