What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci finesse 2005 - Where is pump and fuse teen wash and jets - Jeanarmour

Hi all, my windscreen washer is not coming threw the jets, there is no sound of the pump trying to work either. I've checked for a fuse for the pump however cant seem to find one, I cannot find the pump either. Counlnd anyone tell me where either of them are?? Or what my problems could be and how to rectify?

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci finesse 2005 - Where is pump and fuse teen wash and jets - elekie&a/c doctor

Fuse #46 in the fusebox behind the glovebox. However,if the wipers work ,then the fuse is ok as they are on the same circuit. The pump is in the screenwash reservoir which is located behind the front wing panel.Access not easy.

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci finesse 2005 - Where is pump and fuse teen wash and jets - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Don't bother looking for the fuse. From 2005 your pump has exceeded it's life span and its soul has gone off to the big scrap-yard in the sky. A new pump will cost less than ten quid. I got one for less than a fiver off e-Bay, but the outlets come out the wrong way around and I had to find a bit of fish-tank pipe and a right-angle connector to extend the pipe.

Jack up the front near-side and remove the wheel. Up to your left, two cross-head screws hold the wheel-arch liner. Take 'em out. Down to your left, two screws hold the liner to the front bumper. Take 'em out. Peel back the liner and there is that tiny little pump pushed in to the washer bottle. The plug is on top of the pump. Of course, your washer bottle will be full, so if you pull the pump out, you will get a face full of washer fluid, so get a wash basin and take the pipes off and let it drain first. Simply unplug the knackered pump and plug in a new one. Connect the pipes and ensure that the nozzles are the right-way around and that when you squirt for the front washers, it doesn't come out of the back instead - as mine did.

Mine's a 2006 model, by the way. My pump failed about twelve months ago.

Edited by MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom on 26/04/2018 at 09:12

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci finesse 2005 - Where is pump and fuse teen wash and jets - John F

Don't bother looking for the fuse. From 2005 your pump has exceeded it's life span .....

Not necessarily. Our 2000 Focus's pump is still going strong. A few years ago its apparent failure was caused by gloopy gunge bunging it up. (My fault for using too much washing up liquid). Shortly after the laborious process of locating and unbunging it, I read that the first thing to try is to shove a hose down as far as it will go and turn on full blast. Might just work - do let us know, please....

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci finesse 2005 - Where is pump and fuse teen wash and jets - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Yes, I've read of pumps being gummed up like that. Surprisingly, mine was reasonably clean. The new pump came with just a circular rubber seal, whereas the original one was/is a rubber cap with 'pepper-pot' holes.. So I cleaned that and replaced it. A few months later, the wiper mechanism broke one stormy night. The big ball-joint had come apart. I got a second hand wiper assembly off a scrap car that was older than mine, and yet the assembly looked new compared to my failed one. That was at about 210,000 miles. Just coming up to 220,000 now.

Ford fiesta 1.4 tdci finesse 2005 - Where is pump and fuse teen wash and jets - Jeanarmour

That's brilliant! Thanks for the reply.