Ford cmax 1600 tdci 2015 - Exhaust emmissions enter cabin through air vents - superad

When I start my car up from cold a strong exhaust emmissions smell comes through the dash air ventsource. This disappears after few minutes. My car us now out of warranty. However just before my warranty expired my ford tech noticed that the turbo was leaking exhaust gases and adevised it would need replacing. But when I took the car in, ford advised the dealer to nip it up and not to replace the full turbo system. My car now has 70k clocked, I fear it is the same problem. In which case I will fight for it to fixed under warranty. Any thoughts would be just appreciated as I havn't agrees clue how these things work and it's booked in to the desert next week. Fore warned is for armed.

Ford cmax 1600 tdci 2015 - Exhaust emmissions enter cabin through air vents - galileo

Most likely the fumes are escaping from the joint between turbo and exhaust manifold, once warmed up expansion may close the gap. Replacing the gasket should not be too hard, other joints can be checked at the same time.

Ford cmax 1600 tdci 2015 - Exhaust emmissions enter cabin through air vents - Gibbo_Wirral

There's a few similar threads on the subject:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/Forum/Search?f=4&author=&...0