What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Finguz

We intend to trade in our 63 plate Focus 180 Ecoboost for an electric car this year. We don't want a hybrid.

As far as range goes, I doubt we would ever want to do more than 100 miles in a round trip, with under 20 being the norm.

A nice interior is a must, as is decent performance, preferably hitting 60 in 8 seconds or less.

The new Leaf seems to have about the right level of performance, but the interior is awful.

Ideally we don't want to spend more than £25000 after trade in and the the government grant.

Which model/s do you guys recommend, or is there something due this year that may be worth waiting for?

Replying to make thread visible, until issue is resolved.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - FP

"Replying to make thread visible, until issue is resolved."

A bit impatient, aren't we? You post before 8 and expect answers before 9 am?

It's a Sunday morning where I am, I'll have you know! :-)

Edited by FP on 07/01/2018 at 10:27

I am indeed, but in this case there is/was a problem with the forum which wasn't making posts visible until they had a reply ;)

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - fredthefifth

I am indeed, but in this case there is/was a problem with the forum which wasn't making posts visible until they had a reply ;)

How did you manage to reply to an invisble thread?

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Engineer Andy

How did you manage to reply to an invisble thread?

By typing in the dark? Using invisible ink? Time machines? ;-)

As you can see, I'm bored at the moment.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - craig-pd130

I know you stated you didn't want a hybrid, but I would seriously consider a plug-in hybrid. If you did ever need to make a trip of over 100 miles, the majority of pure electric cars (apart from a Tesla) would need to stop for a charge.

If journeys of under 20 miles are the norm, most plug-in hybrids can offer a pure electric range of close to 20 miles, while still having the petrol option for infrequent longer jouneys without range anxiety, etc.

I'll admit my bias - I have a 225xe. In the 6 months I've had it, the combined fuel cost (petrol plus electric) works out at 51mpg in all types of driving, from my daily 8 mile round-trip commute to 400-mile motorway thrashes. If you look at petrol cost alone (which is cheating a bit), it's 67mpg. Not bad for a 1.8 ton mini MPV with hot-hatch performance.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - argybargy

Let me contribute my usual less-than-constructive whinge.

I'd love to buy an electric car, but by the time they become cheap enough for me to buy one, I probably won't be able to get out of bed, let alone drive the darned thing.

Edited by argybargy on 07/01/2018 at 09:46

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - daveyjp
If you want purely electric its not a very long list and you have already excluded what is probably the best of the bunch, the 2018 Leaf.

You could wait for the Tesla 3, but there are still doubts about when they will actually be available.

I drive an original Leaf ocasionally and wouldn’t get hung up on 0-60 times, acceleration when running is more than adequate. 0-40 feels very quick.

Edited by daveyjp on 07/01/2018 at 10:02

Please bear in mind that you may not have fast charging points at every place you may need them, so you may have to rely on household sockets (if that's viable at all) which probably take many hours to charge, assuming the person or firm that has them (and assuming they are within reaching distance of your cable + adapter without crossing public walkways [asking for trouble there]) gives you permission to use them (paid for or not).

Personally I think they are generally a waste of money unless and until the charging network (including at workplaces, shopping & leisure centres, etc) is far more extensive and comprehensive than currently is the case. You'll never save money because of the high purchase cost. Why not stick with a decent petrol fuelled car and wait until the elec tech and infrastructure improves - its not as though you're doing this to save money, and they don't really save the planet as the electricity is produced by mainly fossil fuels and much of the battery tech uses lots of energy and nasty materials.chemicals that are harmful to the environment when the batteries' life is ended.

You requirements limits you only to a BMW i3 (the range extender model [it has a very small petrol tank and motor] may be useful - see HJ review/specs), and a Tesla, and a very, very second hand one at that. MIO don't believe the hype over the range and battery life of electric vehicles - even hybrid batteries decay enough in 7-10 years that the range in mostly halved, but at least they don't cost the Earth in comparison and can run for several hundred miles between stops.

Remember the problems that James May had trying to charge up his i3 on Top Gear? Making journeys in a fully electric car requires careful planning, including having a back-up plan should something happen on the journey that prevents you charging at the intended place, plus the extra time for doing so generally.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - SLO76
The big issues with purely electric cars at the moment are range, battery life, the cost of replacement and the resulting crippling depreciation which is to me the biggest problem of all. Take a look at the UK’s current highest depreciating cars and the list is full of electric cars including the Leaf with two year old examples available at dealers for less than £10k and the previous owner will have received at least £1,500 - £2,000 less than this as dealers demand strong margins to offset the risk of battery issues.

Until the cost of replacement battery packs (currently between £5k-£10k) crashes to a more realistic level electric cars will remain financially unviable. Factor in the massive depreciation and a conventional petrol or diesel model will cost vastly less to own over the full term despite the fuel savings.

The only route to fully electrical is to lease it which takes out the risk of a huge loss at the end and manufacturers are subsidising these with artificially high residuals by buying back all stock from leasing firms at the end of term, thus the reason few make it auction. This isn’t viable over the longterm however unless residuals start to firm up.

Buying a used car that’s already taken the big hit does have merit however but you must be aware of the costs involved as that battery pack ages and the reality that it’ll be worthless at 6-7yrs old unless it’s been replaced.

Edited by SLO76 on 07/01/2018 at 10:26

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - sandy56

For a lot of people where range is not an issue for an electric car, the ability to charge it is the BIG problem.

Unless you have off road parking, with a suitable power socket nearby, how will you charge it?

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

We have off road parking, and we will be installling a charging point at home. The electric car will be only be used for a short daily commute, visiting local friends and occasional shopping trips to York and/or Leeds.

For all other journeys we have our RS.

We still don't want a hybrid, so it's looking like we may have to reconsider the Leaf.

Edited by Finguz on 07/01/2018 at 14:34

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - pd
The big issues with purely electric cars at the moment are range, battery life, the cost of replacement and the resulting crippling depreciation which is to me the biggest problem of all. Take a look at the UK’s current highest depreciating cars and the list is full of electric cars including the Leaf with two year old examples available at dealers for less than £10k and the previous owner will have received at least £1,500 - £2,000 less than this as dealers demand strong margins to offset the risk of battery issues.

The Leaf is something of a unique case because of the weird way the battery is "sold" (or rather not sold).

On the flip side the Tesla S holds it's price spectacularly well against other similarly priced barges (e.g. BMW 7-Series, S-Class, Audi A8 etc.).

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - SLO76
“The Leaf is something of a unique case because of the weird way the battery is "sold" (or rather not sold).

On the flip side the Tesla S holds it's price spectacularly well against other similarly priced barges (e.g. BMW 7-Series, S-Class, Audi A8 etc.).”

It’s early days for the Tesla in the UK market with few used examples available. The firm will also attempt to control used values by underwriting end of lease values but as cars begin to reach the open market and supply increases prices will start to tumble. Who wants a 5yr old car with a potential £10k battery timebomb waiting? Yes battery leasing can offset this but the rates are currently too high, pretty much killing the fuel saving for most buyers and as the cars value drops the battery lease becomes an ever higher percentage of ownership costs. If electric cars are to go mainstream without pricing half of us off the road battery power packs have got to dramatically drop in price.
If electric cars are to go mainstream without pricing half of us off the road battery power packs have got to dramatically drop in price.

...and fast (under 15 mins, preferably in under 5) charging points have to be available everywhere for them to be viable for the masses, other than being competitively priced, including (as you say) the batteries.

Some berk (IMO) in yesterday's DT Letters Page thought that the Tesla car batteries could be easily 'hot swapped' in just a few minutes - a) I'd like to see that done by one person, and b) would anyone swap their battery for another, not knowing its quality? Its not as though there's a BS EN standard to say what the expected life (mileage) was left in each one, as that depends on the original quality of the build and its usage beforehand. At least with petrol and diesel you can, for the most part, almost guarantee quality. I certainly wouldn't swap a depleted new rechargeable battery for a heavily used one that might only give half the range, if that.

Battery price (assuming they 'could be hot swapped') would have to vary, dependent upon its age, usage type and mileage covered, which means they would have to all come with (hardy and secure) in-built electronic recording devices to measure these parameters. As far as I can tell, the ONLY way the capacity/life left in a battery can be determined is by depleting it, which is rather wasteful of energy, and using the car itself as a measuring tool could be open to fraud.

I think there is a LONG way to go before fully electric cars are worthwhile alternatives (its not as though hybrids are for anything except urban taxis and runabouts if taken on a purely financial basis - its only localised emissions that are better [not taking into account environmental concerns over battery components and electricity production for plug-in hybrids and full elec cars]) to fossil fuelled cars - at least 15-20 years, possibly a lot more if battery tech isn't improved significantly.

If electric cars are to go mainstream without pricing half of us off the road battery power packs have got to dramatically drop in price.

...and fast (under 15 mins, preferably in under 5) charging points have to be available everywhere for them to be viable for the masses, other than being competitively priced, including (as you say) the batteries.

I'm not sure that is true for many people. Reality is people are conditioned these days to having to plug in a miriad of electrical devices every evening leaving them to charge overnight ready for the next day. I can't see why adding a car to the list would be much of a conceptional challenge for many of them.

The issue is whether there is somewhere to park it and get electricity to it but for people lucky enough to have driveways is it really that much of an issue?

Edited by pd on 07/01/2018 at 15:34

“The Leaf is something of a unique case because of the weird way the battery is "sold" (or rather not sold). On the flip side the Tesla S holds it's price spectacularly well against other similarly priced barges (e.g. BMW 7-Series, S-Class, Audi A8 etc.).” It’s early days for the Tesla in the UK market with few used examples available. The firm will also attempt to control used values by underwriting end of lease values but as cars begin to reach the open market and supply increases prices will start to tumble.

True to an extent although quite a few Model S are now in the independent sector. I suppose the test will come when they start hitting 8 years old which is when the warranty expires.

For comparision, an eight year old 730d with about 80k is worth £9-9.5k as a trade-in on a good day (somewhere about 16% of original new price). A 2014 80k mile base Model S 60 is about £30k in the trade so it'll need to lose at least £20k in the next 3-4 years before doing as badly as a 7-Series.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Westernman
Worth checking out reviews of battery Hyundai Ioniq. More than 100 mile range and reviewers like the way it drives. Battery Niro out in the Autumn. Look at NextGreenCar website.

Don’t believe that anti-battery brigade. They are probably the same people who derided diesel cars twenty years ago. There is a Nissan Leaf that has done 100k miles in Cornwall and has not lost a single bar of battery capacity.
Any - Best electric car in 2018? - RobJP
Worth checking out reviews of battery Hyundai Ioniq. More than 100 mile range and reviewers like the way it drives. Battery Niro out in the Autumn. Look at NextGreenCar website. Don’t believe that anti-battery brigade. They are probably the same people who derided diesel cars twenty years ago. There is a Nissan Leaf that has done 100k miles in Cornwall and has not lost a single bar of battery capacity.

Reference and/or some form of proof regarding the Leaf you speak of ?

Worth checking out reviews of battery Hyundai Ioniq. More than 100 mile range and reviewers like the way it drives. Battery Niro out in the Autumn. Look at NextGreenCar website. Don’t believe that anti-battery brigade. They are probably the same people who derided diesel cars twenty years ago. There is a Nissan Leaf that has done 100k miles in Cornwall and has not lost a single bar of battery capacity.

Reference and/or some form of proof regarding the Leaf you speak of ?

www.zap-map.com/electric-taxi-company-clocks-10000.../

Wasn't hard to find. I suppose you could give them a ring and ask if it's true, if you think it's not.

Edited by Finguz on 07/01/2018 at 17:47

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - RobJP

No, I agree, it's entirely true.

But it's also only half of the story.

The car was 'de-fleeted' with 174,000 miles on the clock, at which point it retained 70% of it's battery capacity.

www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/environment/2017/05/19/no...s

Now, the really interesting point comes when you look at the detail of the article.

In 174,000 miles the car was charged 10,800 times, which works out as charging it up every 16 miles. (3,800 'fast' charges, 7,000 'trickle' charges)

Even if you throw out the 'trickle' chargups, the 3,800 chargups work out as once every 46 miles.

That's a lot of time charging up. Great if you've got a huge fleet of them, subsidised heavily by Nissan so that you'll plug (excuse the pun) them on your twitter feed every few days.

Probably not so brilliant if you've got one. And if it's your sole form of transport.

No, I agree, it's entirely true.

But it's also only half of the story.

The car was 'de-fleeted' with 174,000 miles on the clock, at which point it retained 70% of it's battery capacity.

www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/environment/2017/05/19/no...s

Now, the really interesting point comes when you look at the detail of the article.

In 174,000 miles the car was charged 10,800 times, which works out as charging it up every 16 miles. (3,800 'fast' charges, 7,000 'trickle' charges)

Even if you throw out the 'trickle' chargups, the 3,800 chargups work out as once every 46 miles.

That's a lot of time charging up. Great if you've got a huge fleet of them, subsidised heavily by Nissan so that you'll plug (excuse the pun) them on your twitter feed every few days.

Probably not so brilliant if you've got one. And if it's your sole form of transport.

I totally appreciate what you're saying. However an electric car won't be our sole form of transport, and we will charge it every time we arrive home or at a place with charging facilities. We will be charging roughly as often as the guy in the article, maybe more often.

We did a lot of research into the batteries, warranties, residuals e.t.c before deciding to take the plunge.

I don't think it is a perfect solution for everyone, or that my opinions are correct and everybody else's are wrong either.

I simply asked which model people recommended, and I'm very grateful to those of you who made recommendations.

Thanks but we had a go in an Ioniq and, while it drove ok otherwise, it was very sluggish from our point of view.

It hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen for a little while but one day electric will very suddently become mainstream and when it does ICE cars will become the CRT television over night.

Anyone relying on making ICE cars or engines, gearboxes or clutches for a living will join the wealthy throng of fax machine, CRT TV and monitors, non-smart phones, landline telephones, VHS recorder manufacturers & DVD rental shops.....

It will happen and it will happen in a blink of an eye just when no one is looking and no one really expects it.....these things usually do.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - gordonbennet

If it does happen like that pd our lives will have changed forever, or a large majority of the population will have vanished in one of several possible scenarios, we simply do not have the generating capacity nor charging infrastructure to keep a transport system based on electricity alone powered.

It hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen for a little while but one day electric will very suddently become mainstream and when it does ICE cars will become the CRT television over night.

Anyone relying on making ICE cars or engines, gearboxes or clutches for a living will join the wealthy throng of fax machine, CRT TV and monitors, non-smart phones, landline telephones, VHS recorder manufacturers & DVD rental shops.....

It will happen and it will happen in a blink of an eye just when no one is looking and no one really expects it.....these things usually do.

Assuming it can be technically done and there's sufficient quantities of the components (e.g. lithium or 'new' alternative that's better - by no means assured at this point) that make them up, then battery-prodcuing firms are probably the next 'big thing' as regards people investing shed loads of money, not Tesla - all that is (IMO) is a glorified remote controlled toy - its the fuel (batteries) that is the important bit, not autonomous tech or anything like that, at least at the moment.

IMHO, batteries have to go a LONG way to achieve the same energy density of hydrocarbon fuels, hence why I'm (and many others, including Aussie car epert [and engineer] John Cadogan) very skeptical about certain claims about ordinary people (on their own) being able to 'hot swap' batteries in fully electric cars in 5 mins (given the amount of batteries needed in hybrid cars that last about 20 miles on battery power alone), ranges for well over 10 years of 400+ miles between charges etc.

As long as the car manufacturers have sufficient electric motor and control systems tech in their R&D back pocket, then they can just wait (updating if and when necessary) until the battery tech catches up, just modifying (hopefully reducing) the allocated space for said batteries to suit once the 'threshold' of energy density is reached that reasonably gives the range for the number/weight of batteries near to that of petrol/diesel.

Don't forget, Philips (N1500 & V2000) and Sony (Betamax) designed superior video cassette systems to JVC's VHS, but VHS won the day due to cost and length of recording ability, so those who get there first in terms of 'new' battery tech may not end up the winners. As per your anecdote about firms producing 'old' tech, I think no-one wants to be the 'Kodak' of the motoring world when electric cars finally become fully mainstream.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - expat

If electric cars do become popular then the government will lose a huge amount of taxation on petrol and diesel. I cannot see them doing nothing about that. I would expect some sort of tax to be put onto electrics to make up for not paying tax on fuel.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - RT

If electric cars do become popular then the government will lose a huge amount of taxation on petrol and diesel. I cannot see them doing nothing about that. I would expect some sort of tax to be put onto electrics to make up for not paying tax on fuel.

UK duty and taxes just go into a general pool which funds all government expenditure - a switch from petrol/diesel; to electric will reduce fuel duty and taxes so something will go up to compensate, of that we can be sure, but what is increased is anyone's guess.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Avant

There was an interesting article in Saturday's Times which said that developments in solid-state batteries and the use of magnesium are the things to watch.

Just as urgent, I would say, is the technology to enable remote charging, so that town and city dwellers who have to park on the street can benefit. They are the people who need EVs most, as does their environment.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Bolt

There was an interesting article in Saturday's Times which said that developments in solid-state batteries and the use of magnesium are the things to watch.

Just as urgent, I would say, is the technology to enable remote charging, so that town and city dwellers who have to park on the street can benefit. They are the people who need EVs most, as does their environment.

A lot of companies are working on -over the air charging- for mobile phones, this may possibly lead to car charging over the air which they reckon is possible given time....

A lot of companies are working on -over the air charging- for mobile phones, this may possibly lead to car charging over the air which they reckon is possible given time....

I would still have concerns over the batteries overheating - lithium battery fires in phones and laptop computers do still happen, and magnesium products, once alight (if overheated) are VERY difficult to put out and are VERY violent - an ex-colleague owning a Jag with magnesium parts who had a small engine fire was lucky to get out alive as completely gutted it in a few minutes, before the emergency services arrived. Fast charging just makes matters worse as it heats up the batteries, as well all know.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - John F

I would still have concerns over the batteries overheating - lithium battery fires in phones and laptop computers do still happen, and magnesium products, once alight (if overheated) are VERY difficult to put out and are VERY violent .......

I guess similar concerns were expressed over 100yrs ago when the ICE was threatening the EV market in America - the danger of having several gallons of highly inflammable liquid sloshing around beneath your seat. Sadly, people are today still regularly incinerated in RTCs.

Edited by John F on 09/01/2018 at 15:17

I would still have concerns over the batteries overheating - lithium battery fires in phones and laptop computers do still happen, and magnesium products, once alight (if overheated) are VERY difficult to put out and are VERY violent .......

I guess similar concerns were expressed over 100yrs ago when the ICE was threatening the EV market in America - the danger of having several gallons of highly inflammable liquid sloshing around beneath your seat. Sadly, people are today still regularly incinerated in RTCs.

Difference is John that unless you're driving a lambo etc, most ICE powered cars don't auto-ignitie in hot weather or after they're fuelled up in 5 mins and sat in the sun for an hour or two. Many lithium powered devices HAVE if I recall correctly. Magnesium is a VERY volatile substance when it gets hot, especially if it comes into contact with water (as the Le Mans crash in the 1950s sadly demonstrated, as did the You Tube video of my ex-colleague's Jag disintegrating). If magnesium is so good it would be used everywhere by now - it's precisely because it is potentially dangerous (more so than petrol) that it isn't.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - SteveLee

No smoke without fire - apparently the Rimac Richard Hammond binned was spontaniously recombusting for days after the crash. You really don't want to be near a damaged NiCad (edit or NiMh!) battery.

Edited by SteveLee on 20/01/2018 at 20:44

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Sulphur Man

VW E-Golf could meet the standard of interiour your looking for. VW have suspended the production of the GTE hybrid for unspecified reasons, but I dont think the e-Golf is affected.

Honda are due to announce some new hybrids and EVs this year - might be worth waiting for them, if the superb concept cars they unveiled last year are an indicatoin (with Honda, they usually follow up well-received concepts with very similar production models)

VW E-Golf could meet the standard of interiour your looking for. VW have suspended the production of the GTE hybrid for unspecified reasons, but I dont think the e-Golf is affected.

Honda are due to announce some new hybrids and EVs this year - might be worth waiting for them, if the superb concept cars they unveiled last year are an indicatoin (with Honda, they usually follow up well-received concepts with very similar production models)

I wondered if Honda had something in the pipeline. I'll see if I can find any details, thanks for the heads up.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Robsnextcar
e-Golf;
Nissan Leaf (the interior doesn't seem that bad!);
BMW i3;
Hyundai Ioniq

Can't think of many more.......

Ford still do a full electric Focus for the C-sector. £30k+ list price though....

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Snakey

Does anyone get the feeling we'll be looking at the big push to electrics cars in a few years time in the same way we're looking at diesels now?

I.e 'it seemed like a good idea at the time...but now we know x and y....'

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - madf

Does anyone get the feeling we'll be looking at the big push to electrics cars in a few years time in the same way we're looking at diesels now?

I.e 'it seemed like a good idea at the time...but now we know x and y....'

Imagine 1million cars with say 20KWH batteries and all plugging in to fast charging circuits at 6.30pm in winter. No solar power, no wind power, no coal plants... Instant demand of GigaWatts.. U K installed capacity plus tranfers from France around 30GW ..gridwatch.co.uk/

Then try 5 million cars..or 10 - half the UK car park.

Edited by madf on 09/01/2018 at 13:25

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - craig-pd130

Instant demand of GigaWatts.

If someone hurries up and develops the 'Mr Fusion' home reactor, as fitted to Doc Brown's DeLorean in Back to the Future, we could have 1.21GW available anytime we needed, with just a beercan and a banana skin for fuel :-)

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Ethan Edwards

Very much so. If there is mass take up of Elec vehicles the power grid will definately not be able to cope. Brownouts , rolling power cuts etc. Nice eh?

Even now we are barely ...barely able to cope with demand. This joined up Government that we all hear about....when does it start?

Very much so. If there is mass take up of Elec vehicles the power grid will definately not be able to cope. Brownouts , rolling power cuts etc. Nice eh?

Even now we are barely ...barely able to cope with demand. This joined up Government that we all hear about....when does it start?

We will not get brownouts. The "instant high capacity" charging will be reduced to very slow speed charging... and many Electric car users will be very fed up f and think they should have bought a diesel.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - gordonbennet

Indeed, when everyone has their compulsory smart meter, they might find the half charged battery of their car that they plugged in has in fact been drained completely to help prop up the disintergrating power grid.

Irony indeed if their power had in fact been taken to 'top up' an apparatchik's or other more equal than others citizen's approved transport.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Metropolis.

It's ok, i'm sure the Chinese state will take excellent care of our nuclear power stations...!

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Metropolis.
Yes, the average granola witness can’t seem to comprehend how much worse it is to produce electric cars than ICEs
Yes, the average granola witness can’t seem to comprehend how much worse it is to produce electric cars than ICEs

Too true

"

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving" tinyurl.com/y7rar79g

We've decided to wait for the Tesla Model 3 to start arriving in the UK and have another look then. I've stuck a reservation on one to reserve a place in the queue, just in case.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

We've decided to wait for the Tesla Model 3 to start arriving in the UK and have another look then. I've stuck a reservation on one to reserve a place in the queue, just in case.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

I doubt you'll see Tesla Model 3 in the UK before about 2020 - despite Elon Musk's "promises" they can't get production rate ramped up so still only building a few 100 per month - they don't have any expertise as volume car makers.

The reservation deposit is seen by many as no more than a Ponzi pyramid.

Yes we realise we will likely be waiting a while. Hopefully other manufacturers will release something with a bit more performance than current offerings while we're waiting.

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - movilogo

For the foreseeable future, the best electric car will remain Tesla, because

• They solely focus on electric (rather than being split between ICE & electric)
  • They offer fully autonomous driving in all cars (discarding legality aspect)
  • Their battery technology is still best
  • Their range is still longest

Any - Best electric car in 2018? - Sofa Spud

• They solely focus on electric (rather than being split between ICE & electric)

Plus the the Model 3 is better looking than most of its competitors whatever their means of propulsion.

Plus the the Model 3 is better looking than most of its competitors whatever their means of propulsion.

If only they could build them!