ZX Rad Flushing - Glutton
Very occasionally, the temp light on my 94 1.4i Cit ZX comes on. Its usually after about 30 mins of town driving. Doesn't seem to lose coolant, no emulsification of the oil.

I'm going to test the thermostat at the weekend and thought while its out I'd give the radiator and engine a flushing.

The only thing that bothers me is that the bottom hose of the rad looks a bit fiddly to get to - has anyone done this before on a Cit and got any pointers? And the rubber o ring - does anyone know what size this is?

Thanks y'all
ZX Rad Flushing - Dom F {P}
To be honest, you\'re better off entrusting this one to Citroen, as the ZX has a notorious setup of various airvalves in the water system which all need to be bled in order and is extremely tricky with having to use made-up header tanks from anything to hand.

I\'ll tackle most things on my 93 1.9D ZX except the cooling system - it\'s really awkward to work on.
Regards
Dom F
ZX Rad Flushing - bazza
HI Glutton
The bottom hose on the ZX is indeed an extremely fiddly job, one of those little Citroen design features best forgotten about. I've changed the coolant many times on a 1.9 diesel, as DOM F says it is a bit fiddly. I used an upside down lemonade bottle as a make-shift header tank. It's tedious but OK as long as you're not in a hurry. Leave that bottom hose alone though. A little story: I once had a ZX TD, which 3 weeks after buying from a main dealer, needed a new rad. Job was done, the day after I was driving along when the temp gauge dropped to zero. Got out, guess what? The bottom hose had fallen off, Citroen didn't put it back on properly! Result, one almost cooked engine, I was not amused!
Baz
ZX Rad Flushing - Glutton
Thanks for the info. I've read the Haynes and the guide that someone posted regarding the bleeding of the system. I was too hungover and got up late so I couldn't get the new thermo so I'll be doing it on Thursday - and I won't go near that bottom hose!
ZX Rad Flushing - mj
The aforementioned hose chaffed thru the lower plate by the crankshaft pulley on my wifes car result new hose and head gasket 2 weeks later £80 for hose anti freeze vat and labour £480 for new gasket head skim etc etc leave it to the garage at least then you have a comeback if they get it wrong if you get it wrong it,ll prov to be expensive.