What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Supermarket buying advice - PhilC
On the verge of purchasing 03 Focus 1.6 Zetec 3-door from a well-known supermarket based in the East Midlands (guessed who it is yet!!).

5 miles on the clock, first registered 31/3/03, UK sourced (from a Ford main dealer based just down the road from where I work in Coventry - obviously looking for their new registrations bonus from Ford). Excellent price for 'new' car.

Just taking time out to get the finances sorted out but just wanted to know has anyone had any recent experience with these guys and gals?

Previous postings I could find have been favourable.

Also am I likely to get anywhere if I push for extras in the final negotiations (mats/flaps/fuel etc.)?

Any comments would be will be gratefully received.

Supermarket buying advice - DavidHM
If the Coventry dealer was willing to do a deal for the third party supplier to get the registration bonus, leaving them with a profit margin, it might be worth seeing how close they'll get for a new car with you as the first owner.

Otherwise, no harm done in asking for a few extras. I've never bought from a supermarket but from what I can gather their prices are pretty well non-negotiable. They're hardly going to fine you for trying though....
Supermarket buying advice - Another John H
I would think you're at the wrong end of the month to catch a garage in "shift them for quota" mode.

But if you don't ask....
Supermarket buying advice - DavidHM
True, and the March bonus is likely to be particularly large.

However, the difference might be only a few hundred if they always work on getting large volumes through and it might be worth it to some people to be the first owner.