What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Brake Light Switch (Ford Focus 2006 1.6 Petrol) - Enzo88

Hi, i'm currently having to press my brake quite firmly before the brake lights come on.

I recently had a brakelight switch replaced but mechanic said there is another brake light switch above it that may also need replacing. If this is the case are both brake light switches the same part?

Looking at a shops website (E***C**P****) there seems to be two types (different shape and price).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Enzo88 on 21/11/2016 at 15:02

Ford Focus - Brake Light Switch (Ford Focus 2006 1.6 Petrol) - elekie&a/c doctor

I think there is only one brake light switch.Is it possible he is getting confused with the clutch pedal switch?The brake switch should be adjustable.

Hi, i've had a look myself and can see two switches (1 black and 1 blue/white).

Both of these sit above the brake pedal. So I doubt either are for the Clutch.

I've uploaded some pics here

postimg.org/image/5mj6av6ur/

postimg.org/image/jhhgtc19v/

postimg.org/image/kl66j1bar/

postimg.org/image/7iajzrl2r/

postimg.org/image/528qlx303/

postimg.org/image/mtkd0dier/

Another point to mention is that whilst the side brake lights turn on albeit after firmly pressing the brakes, the high level brakelight (on the spoiler) doesn't work at all, even after changing the bulbs.

Any ideas?

Ford Focus - Brake Light Switch (Ford Focus 2006 1.6 Petrol) - Andrew Irvine

You will probably find that your brake light switch is incorrectly adjusted, your high level light most likely has a break in the wiring where it goes through to the hatch from the body.

Thanks Andrew, is this a simple fix (any guides or info available online)?

Ford Focus - Brake Light Switch (Ford Focus 2006 1.6 Petrol) - Andrew Irvine

Google ford focus broken wiring, plenty of info & video's, same for switch, can happen on anything where the wires go through from the body to a door.