What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - michaelkumar

Does anyone know what a orange yellow circle with a "i" in it on the dashboard means. Its above the red P for parked gear is shown.

Appreciate any advise.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - RT

Have you looked in the car handbook - warning lamp meanings are usuially there.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - Metropolis.

Is it flat at the bottom? Probably a low tire pressure warning light.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - catsdad
If you google CRV dashboard lights you will get a Pdf that shows all lights and meanings. From OP description it sounds like a starter warning.

I don't have the manual but its not the tire pressure indicator. That is flat at the bottom.

Its a orangy circle with a "i" in it located above the gear P.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - Metropolis.

Edited by PCharlton on 15/06/2016 at 21:26

Actually, I just bought the car. But haven't picked it up.

I noticed it when I test drove it. But the garage said it was just low petrol indicator. But this elsewhere on the dashboard. So, if anyone has a 2013 CRV can they just check their manual to see if it explains what the orange circle with "i" in it above the P means.

I've done a google search for dashboard lights, but known that I can find show the one on the car I've bought; strange.

Please anyone has a 2013 CRV in UK, can they check the circle with "i" in it what it means. This link shows the light

kleinhondablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/201...g

Can't find anywhere on the internet an explanation of it.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - RT

Message Indicator Symbol dashboardsymbols.com/2011/12/message-indicator-sym.../ you'll need to scroll through the menu(s) to find the message - could be minor like service overdue or something more serious.

Make sure you get to the bottom of it AND get the dealer to rectify the problem before sale - if they show any resistance, demand any deposit back and walk away.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - Graham567

All i can find is either its a 'brake system indicator' which to me kinda says the handbrake or hill hold is on.

Or i can see 'system message indicator' which again to me would say the system has stored a message that you need to view before it goes out.For example if the car had flashed up a message a while ago it means you still haven't read it yet.(could have been a message about tyre pressures,fuel level,bulb gone or a hundred other messages!)

Anyway the manual is [click here](techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AT0Z1515OM/...f)

PAGE 11

Edited by Graham567 on 15/06/2016 at 23:11

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - daveyjp
Subaru use a yellow square with an 'i'. As suggested it may mean an issue has flagged and it is stored to be reviewed.

Subaru steering wheel has a button with an 'i' on it. When the warning is flagged pulling the button tells you the problem. In my case its usually low fuel, but I've also had low washer fluid.
Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - Mike H

I have a 2015 CR-V and I'm guessing that the 2013 car is similar.

The symbol basically means "Information". It always comes on when you start the car. If it remains on, it means that there has been another warning light that you haven't noticed but has been automatically extinguished. To find out what the other warning is, you can apparently use the buttons on the lower right quadrant inside the steering wheel. There are 3 altogether, but the 1st and 3rd are simply up and down through various displays (the middle one acts as an "enter" button. It will either redisplay the original warning, or show something of note in the middle of the centre dial.

HTH.

Edit: crossed with other posts, but we're all saying the same thing!

Edited by Mike H on 15/06/2016 at 23:24

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - daveyjp
After reading Mike H post and the manual link the system is the same as Subaru. On Subaru you get a beep and a very brief warning flashed up, it is easy to miss.

No real surprise that two Japanese vehicle systems are very similar.

Thanks all for the replies, I really appreciate that.

The light was indeed related to low fuel indicator.

It went out when the car has some added. Just thought I let everyone know.

Honda CR-V SE 2013 automatic - Orange circle with a "i" in it - FoxyJukebox

Yes--it's usually something simple!...but what get's me is that if it's something serious-you either worry or rarely have any time to do anything about it anyway!

The only two red lights i find useful are the ignition light untill the engine turns, a little spanner light showing if a service is due and a blue beam if the headlights are switched on full .

Surely ALL drivers should be experienced enough to know, hear and feel when a car has a flat tyre, handbrake is stuck on,the engine is running badly or a bit of exhaust has blown?