What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus RS Mk2 - Insurence Claim - Manwell9000

Sorry Last question! People here have been honest and helpful. Thanks.

My car has been off the road for 10 months awaiting repairs and parts.

• Can I claim for the loss of value in my car as I was about to sell it?
  • Can I also claim that I have lost MOT, Service, Car tax etc?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ford Focus RS Mk2 - Insurence Claim - RT

Claim against whom?

It's not the fault of the original errant driver that repairs have taken so long and I doubt your contract with your insurer makes that provision.

Ford Focus RS Mk2 - Insurence Claim - Manwell9000

I'm out of pocket. The car needs MOT and TAX both ran out while I waited for parts.

Lost the use of my car for 10 months.

Must be owed something. Surely!

Ford Focus RS Mk2 - Insurence Claim - RT

I'm out of pocket. The car needs MOT and TAX both ran out while I waited for parts.

Lost the use of my car for 10 months.

Must be owed something. Surely!

Discuss with your insurer

Ford Focus RS Mk2 - Insurence Claim - Avant

I don't know why we've got three threads on this same topic: I'll close the other two.

The straight answer to the insurance question is that you need to check the exact terms of your policy. Policies differ and I'm afraid we can't help as we don't know what yours says.

I personally think that as your car is five years old, being offered a second-hand seat is not unreasonable particularly given that a new one seems to be unavailable. You should of course have the chance to look at it yourself and make sure that it's undamaged / not excessively worn.

If you are about to sell the car anyway, all you need to do is make sure that the seat looks and feels the same as its friend on the other side of the car.

Ford Focus RS Mk2 - Insurence Claim - Falkirk Bairn

>>If you are about to sell the car anyway, all you need to do is make sure >>that the seat looks and feels the same as its friend on the other side of >>the car.

Might be cheaper to buy 2 "new chairs" from a "posh scrappy" that fit than try to get 1 chair to match the passenger seat.