What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
AURIS HYBRID - TOYOTA EXTENDED WARRANTY - KEMYST

I would appreciate some advice on the following. I took out GAP insurance and an extended warranty with Autoprotect (this was with Motorpoint) suffice to say they will not communicate with me and have had no communication with them regarding claims .... they just don`t answer emails and ignore anything you send them. They could have gone bust for all I know! I am currently going through the complaints procedure with them. I would not buy one of these warranties ever again. However I have had an offer from Toyota to extend the manufacture`s warranty for 2 years at a cost of £516... this includes breakdown cover so the extra cost to me is somewhere in the region of £300-£350. On the surface this looks a good deal if the warranty is a good one and the terms and conditions are not silly. Has anyone had any experience of claiming off one of these warranties? Thanks for your help.

AURIS HYBRID - TOYOTA EXTENDED WARRANTY - Brit_in_Germany

As ever, you need toread the terms and conditions carefully before you commit. Toyota used to have a sliding scale for the percentage cover you would receive depending on age and mileage so you would have to factor this in. In general though, an extended manufacturer warranty is giing to be more comprehensive than a third party one but they too would probably seek to minimize costs by claiming wear and tear in the event of a claim.

AURIS HYBRID - TOYOTA EXTENDED WARRANTY - Auristocrat

The Toyota extended warranty is one of the best one can get - www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/warranty/e...n

It does tie one into having the car serviced by a Toyota dealer as extended warranties are not covered by Block Exemption. However, if the car is over five years old, which I presume it is if you're talking about extended warranties, Toyota have just introduced a cheaper servicing regime for cars over five years old - Toyota Essential Care: www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-an...n

Toyota Essential Care conforms to the terms and conditions of their extended warranty as regards the servicing requirement of the warranty.

Additionally if one has a 5 year+ hybrid serviced by a Toyota dealer, they do the Hybrid Health Check which also provides an extended warranty on the hybrid battery for one year/10,000 miles (renewable up to the car's 10th birthday) - www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-an...n

Claiming on the warranty is handled by the dealer.

Edited by Auristocrat on 21/05/2016 at 13:41

AURIS HYBRID - TOYOTA EXTENDED WARRANTY - Warning

Some warranty products, do not cover main dealer garages, only local independents.

AURIS HYBRID - TOYOTA EXTENDED WARRANTY - mark999
Toyota initially quoted me the same but after a few weeks sent me another quote for £335