Focus ST3 2015 - Ford Sync2 Infotaiment - Ben 10
Had no problems with this car until I got in it today.
Loud hiss coming from dash like high pressure gas escaping, like opening a gas cylinder wide open. Goes off with the volume knob and is across all radio stations as well as DAB and FM channels.
Any one on here have the same car and experienced the same thing? Is it a simple fix? I know it's under warranty, but before I start booking and using up time, I just wondered if there is a simple thing I can do before I get to that point.
If it is a dealership fix, then Ill add the outcome on HJ reviews about this model.
Focus ST3 2015 - Ford Sync2 Infotaiment - Bolt

As a matter of interest has it been tuned in to all stations, my new car was left to me to tune to whatever stations I wanted, but wasnt a Ford

Focus ST3 2015 - Ford Sync2 Infotaiment - elekie&a/c doctor

Is the loud hiss coming from the speakers.?Are you able to pick up any radio stations?

No it appears to be coming from the dash under the windscreen. You can barely hear the stations unless you turn the volume right up, though the hiss drowns that out. There is a sub woofer in the boot on top of the spare wheel.
And before any clever dick says it, no I don't own a pet snake or have one tucked away.;-)

Edited by Ben 10 on 10/05/2016 at 23:50

Focus ST3 2015 - Ford Sync2 Infotaiment - Bolt
And before any clever dick says it, no I don't own a pet snake or have one tucked away.;-)

I was going to say you may have a pair of tweeters (hf speakers built in the dash) which would possibly mean the aerial is not connected properly somewhere, just a thought?

Focus ST3 2015 - Ford Sync2 Infotaiment - elekie&a/c doctor

These cars use an antenna diversity system.Aerial on the roof and aerial in the top of the rear hatch/tailgate.Could be an issue here.?

Cheers guys.
Got in it this morning, nothing. Everything working as it should.
Will keep you abreast if it returns. If it does it'll be a trip to Ford.