Fiat Punto 1.9 JTD 85 - Error code P0380 but 2 dealer got no clue - fv43576

Hi I had a stressful in the last 2 weeks problem with my Punto 1.9JTD 84,000 miles on the clock year 53 Reg, I was try to sell but the warning light come on speedometer yellow icon coil with error code P0380 Glow Plug/Heater Circuit "A" Malfunction. But the light flash for 10 second then it go off, the engine start fine no struggle or rough idle. I have took it to Chelmsford Fiat dealer to find out the problem. At afternoon had phone call from them to said they have not got a clue what is wrong with this car as they check glow plugs by something call multimeter is fine and relay is function fine, the loom was terrible condition so they swap for new one but still flash same code. Makes me think they are not good service garage so I try other Bury St Edmunds Fiat dealer other day. I had a phone call from them, they explain exactly same story at the pervious Chelmsford dealer which they don't really know cause of this and he said same problem on 1.9JTD 8v engine from Vauxhall, Saab, Alfa that he had been deal with P0380 before most of those have not solved problem. I went to make new appointment Auto vehicle electrical workshop near my home, nice chap he was try very hard to find the cause of P0380 still not find, he said may relation to EGR valve clot up or water coolant thermostat sensor fault because that share same wire to relay mount

But is that true?

I can't sell the car till it fix but nobody seem to know what wrong with it as I see lot on other forum of Vauxhall, Saab and Alfa ECU sorted corrupt data and it stuck forever. What they did is remove led on speedometer icon coil and ignore it.

What about MOT if it can go through??

Spend total £312! I have already waste my money! I don’t want to waste anymore further

Any suggest next?

Fiat Punto 1.9 JTD 85 - Error code P0380 but 2 dealer got no clue - elekie&a/c doctor

Unfortunately you have spent over £300 ,which is about half the value of the car.If the car goes through the mot and emission test ,I would not worry about the engine warning light as it is not part of the mot .Drive it untill it dies.

Fiat Punto 1.9 JTD 85 - Error code P0380 but 2 dealer got no clue - fv43576

This morning start up no light flash on cold engine, seem I have waste my time and money.

I am going to igrone it!

thanks for reply other message ;-)