Ford Fiesta - condensation in fiesta headlight - dafskipman

Hi all, just a quick query, if i may?. My daughter has a standard 2005 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec and the O/S headlamp is always full of condensation, the N/S is fine. It's becoming a pain in the butt, as in the past three weeks she's had to have two blown bulbs replaced. The car was dealer bought a few months back, sadly now out of warranty, although all the lights were fine when she bought it. I've heard of a tale about using a hairdryer, but i would like my fellow esteemed forum members to profer any advice if they can. She's a uni student (impoverished), so rather than the expense of a new headlamp, I'm looking to repair rather than replace. Of course, if a new headlamp is the only option, you can guess who'll be paying for it. Many thanks.

Ford Fiesta - condensation in fiesta headlight - jonny10buds

Replacement is your best option, they're around £20 on ebay.

Ford Fiesta - condensation in fiesta headlight - dafskipman

Thanks for your response. Looks like i'll be ringing round and visiting breakers yards then. I wont touch ebay with a bargepole, I've been one of the unlucky ones who've been ripped off more than once with dishonest sellers on that site, hence now a no-go for me.

Ford Fiesta - condensation in fiesta headlight - elekie&a/c doctor

There must be thousands of these in breakers yards.Try and get a genuine Ford part rather than a cheepo pattern item.