What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Do you know anyone who owns this Ford Focus? - graham123
Do you know anyone who owns the 2011- Ford Focus 1.6 ti-vct (petrol) 105bhp version? I own this car and find that it's performance on hills is poor even allowing that it is 100kg heavier than the 1998-2004 Ford Focus. e.g. on a hill in 3rd gear with the engine at 1500-2000rpm it can struggle even when my foot is 3/4 down on the accelerator pedal. Has anyone else had this trouble or heard about it with this model? Thanks for answers.
Ford Focus - Do you know anyone who owns this Ford Focus? - bathtub tom
on a hill in 3rd gear with the engine at 1500-2000rpm it can struggle even when my foot is 3/4 down on the accelerator pedal.

Have you tried changing down to 2nd?

Ford Focus - Do you know anyone who owns this Ford Focus? - slkfanboy

I have the 125bhp and no such issues, the 1.6 engines should be good on hill due to the very good torque profiles which is pritty much flat. They generally driver better than one would image from a 125bhp engine. I would image the same to be true of the 105bhp version

Ford Focus - Do you know anyone who owns this Ford Focus? - galileo
on a hill in 3rd gear with the engine at 1500-2000rpm it can struggle even when my foot is 3/4 down on the accelerator pedal.

Have you tried changing down to 2nd?

That would require mechanical sympathy and/or a concept of torque curves. Mybe the OP had a diesel previously (or a large capacity V8)