NISSAN XTRAIL N-TEC 2015 - TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS - namulus

WITH MY RADIO TURNED TO ZERO TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS COME ON AT A VERY LOW VOLUME. I CAN TURN THE VOLUME UP WHEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT IS ON BUT THE VOLUME DEFAULTS TO THE OLD VOLUME ON THE NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT. WHEN I SPOT THE ANNOUNCEMENT IS ON ON MY RADIO SCREEN I HAVE MISSED MOST OF IT. AFTER PROTRACTED DISCUSSION WITH MY DEALER NISSAN AGREED TO CHANGE THE UNIT TO NO AVAIL. NISSAN NOW SAYS THAT THERE IS NO FAULT AND I AM THEREFORE STUCK WITH IT.IF I HAVE THE RADIO VOLUME TURNED UP THEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT VOLUME INCREASES AS WELL. (BY CONTRAST I HAVE A 54 FOCUS AND HAD A 58 MONDEO WHERE THE VOLUME COULD BE SET). ANY ANSWERS

NISSAN XTRAIL N-TEC 2015 - TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS - RT

Turning caps lock off on your computer would be a start.

Have you read the owners manual thoroughly as that normally shows how to set TP volume, either independently or as a +/- on normal radion volume.

NISSAN XTRAIL N-TEC 2015 - TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS - Avant

If you're shouting like that no wonder you can't hear it.

Moved to Technical.

NISSAN XTRAIL N-TEC 2015 - TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS - DavidGlos
You've probably already tried this, but if it's anything like the Nissan Connect system on my Qashqai, there's an option in the menus to adjust the volume of the traffic announcements. I think the way to do is at as follows:-

SETUP button to right of screen
AUDIO option on touchscreen
Scroll down past tone, fader and balance and their should be an option for the volume of the travel announcements.

Hope this helps.

NISSAN XTRAIL N-TEC 2015 - TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS - namulus

Thanks for that. I have done what you suggested and only found a setting for speed sensitive volume and this was set at the maximum 5. Nissan acknowledged that there may be a fault and changed the navigation unit but problem still persists. I will have a dialogue with Nissan in the New Year