What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiesta Flame 1.4l 2004 - Ford Fiesta 2004 1.4l start issue - HelloPop

Hello

Having an issue with my 04 fiesta 1.4l

Tried to start for work one morning and car will not idle, car will start and engine will run only if I hold down the accelerator, as soon as I release car stalls. If engine is revved enough to warm car will run 100% fine, but once cooled down same issue returns.

No fault codes showing. Instrument cluster has been checked, fuel pump and sensor checked, spark plugs and ignition leads replaced, had a split in the crankcase breathing tube which has been replaced.

All signs pointed to throttle body, was cleaned out and still did not work, then was temporarily replaced with working throttle body from identical car which still did not sort the problem.

When the engine starts cold the throttle moves to the closed position so I am coming to the conclusion this could be a throttle sensor issue unless anyone can suggest anything?

Spoke to ford, they can look Monday but want £94 an hour just to look at it before any work is done but want to exhaust all options first

Fiesta Flame 1.4l 2004 - Ford Fiesta 2004 1.4l start issue - elekie&a/c doctor
Get the battery tested,properly.Also suggest get the engine coolant temp sensor tested.it could be working out of tolerance,but not flag a fault code.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 17/12/2015 at 19:01