What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta mk5 1.25 - Leaking gearbox after renewing drive shaft seal - managix
Hello, two weeks ago I changed my LH cv joint in the same time I replaced the drive shaft seal

But today I noticed gearbox oil after leaving my parking space. I'm pretty sure I did not replace the seal correctly, I pushed it too far or not enough idk, i'm confused, should I push the seal or not? please help me I don't want to redo this job and fail again

Thanks
Ford Fiesta mk5 1.25 - Leaking gearbox after renewing drive shaft seal - hardway

Or you nicked the inner diameter surface seal when fitting.

I'd just replace the seal.

Ford Fiesta mk5 1.25 - Leaking gearbox after renewing drive shaft seal - managix
yes maybe it's nicked, did you use a socket or something else to tap the seal in ?
Ford Fiesta mk5 1.25 - Leaking gearbox after renewing drive shaft seal - StanTheMan78

You should always tap it in until you hear a change in note which means it has 'homed in'. Use a socket as close in size to the seal as possible and tap it gently.