What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda civic - Aftermarket DAB radios - Tommk4
I'd like to fit a DAB radio to our Honda Civic, it's an 09 and quite high spec but annoyingly has no Aux socket. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket DAB's? I'd rather have something that isn't to intrusive on the dash. Prices seem to range from £50-£500 and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the difference is!
Honda civic - Aftermarket DAB radios - focussed

It's possible for Civic without built in sat nav - the standard radio is part of the dash so replacing it is not going to be easy or look good.

www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autodab-ctdab-ho1-honda-ci...l

Lots of other ideas for improving Civic ICE on www.civinfo.com

Note to mods -THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT IT'S JUST ADVICE!

Honda civic - Aftermarket DAB radios - Bolt

I`ve seen the type that go behind the dash below the existing radio and connect to auxilary socket on radio, range around £150

some Civics have aux and usb in rear of centre console, but if you have one it need an adapter for the usb socket, Aux is next to it if you have one. I only mention it as some dont know they are there?

Honda civic - Aftermarket DAB radios - Bolt

Its possible the Digital switchover which was supposed to happen this year may not happen at all apparently, they were looking at 2020 but it seems the takeup has not been as good as expected

so if your changing because of switchover you have no need to worry, also some people are not happy with reception or sound from digital

I was going to change but for the hasle involved on the Civic I changed my mind also the fitted unit is not too sad and an aux can I believe be fitted seperately and connected in either the glovebox or centre console (anywhere you want really)