What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Saloon 2012 Powershift 1.6 petrol 13k m - Shudder on pulling away - vicroymann

Shudder occurs when pulling away Is it likely to worsen on this model which is still under warranty until mid Sept.. Doubt that local dealer where purchased has the capacity to repair. Has Ford overcome this problem? Can I insist dealer takes car back? Thank you Vicroymann

Ford Focus Saloon 2012 Powershift 1.6 petrol 13k m - Shudder on pulling away - galileo

Shudder occurs when pulling away Is it likely to worsen on this model which is still under warranty until mid Sept.. Doubt that local dealer where purchased has the capacity to repair. Has Ford overcome this problem? Can I insist dealer takes car back? Thank you Vicroymann

If its under warranty, take it back to the dealer to be fixed, that is what your warranty is for, surely?

If he fixes it, end of problem, if he can't/won't then you'll need to take it elsewhere and try to get him to contribute - could be difficult!

Ford Focus Saloon 2012 Powershift 1.6 petrol 13k m - Shudder on pulling away - focusman

Its a known problem.

sister in law had to take her Bmax 1.6 powershift back to dealers with the same problem.

What ever they did seems to have cured it

I am on my 3rd powershift 2.0 diesel focus.

and not had any problems with any of them

Ford Focus Saloon 2012 Powershift 1.6 petrol 13k m - Shudder on pulling away - Coombs33

i had the same issue i also had a squeak and quealing sound. Ford took a look under warrentee and threatened me with a £400 inspection charge if they deemed it wear and tear. what they found was the dual mass flywheel had cracked and was destroying the clutch and this left me stranded at 1am on the motorway with a 2week old baby, best thing to do is to get it looked at before it causes you some problems