What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fors Fiesta LX - key code - Amaral15

Please can somone help. I had my battery discnnected on my ford giesta lx 2002 an now my stereo does not work as its asking for a keycode. I brought the car secondhand in private sale on Gumtree last year an the paperwork an books that I was givem do not have a keycode written down. The steteo is built in so not sure how to find serial number. Hope someone replies. AMARAL15

Fors Fiesta LX - key code - Galaxy

You can try getting the serial number by pressing buttons #1 and ~#6 together (sometimes #2 and #6 works), then scrolling down or wait until the serial number is displayed.

The serial number will begin with a "V" or an "M", followed by a six-digit number. So it will be in the form of V123456 or M123456.

Then, having obtained the serial number:

1. For radios whose Serial Number begins with an "M", followed by a six digit number, you can use the following link to work out what your Keycode should be:

www.pumapeople.com/decode.php

2. For radios whose Serial Number begins with a "V", followed by a six digit number, I'm afraid there is no Keycode generator available for you to work out the code yourself.

You will either need to visit your local Ford Main Dealer, or there are sellers on Ebay who claim they can supply the Keycodes for "V" Serial Numbers, for a fee.

Fors Fiesta LX - key code - Amaral15

Thanks for your help well appreciated an it worked.