What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen Berlingo Multispace2004 - Rear N,S, tyre wear on outer edge - mss1tw

I noticed the above yesterday on one tyre - fitted in December 2011 so perhaps not as disatrous as I first though.

The other was new in Jan 2014 so not noticeably worn.

The inside edge of the N.S> tyre still felt defined and in good condition.

I know subframe aligmnent can be an issue on PSA vehicles.

Would a standard 4 wheel alignment be able to detect if it is the subframe, or would that would need further diagnosis?

Is it possible that worn/soft rear suspension is allowing the geometry to change? It's usually loaded with tools and has done approx 5000 miles of fairly hard towing since I've owned it

Cheers!

Citroen Berlingo Multispace2004 - Rear N,S, tyre wear on outer edge - Bromptonaut

Mine tends to wear the outer edges more than the inner.

Not noticed much difference between O/S and N/S wear on the 05 model. Our other, a 63 reg 1.6Hdi/115, wears it's N/S more quickly. Possibly something to do with centirfugal forces and Northampton and Milton Keynes' multiple roundabouts?

EDIT We tow an 1100kg caravan with the 63. The 05 has never towed.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 07/06/2015 at 12:19

Mine tends to wear the outer edges more than the inner.

Not noticed much difference between O/S and N/S wear on the 05 model. Our other, a 63 reg 1.6Hdi/115, wears it's N/S more quickly. Possibly something to do with centirfugal forces and Northampton and Milton Keynes' multiple roundabouts?

EDIT We tow an 1100kg caravan with the 63. The 05 has never towed.

I hadn't considered roundabouts/cornering, that's a good point thanks Bromp. I don't hoon it about as it's full of tools/materials that go flying about but I do try and maintain corner speed as much as is comofortable.

Anyway, I took it for an alignment and it got the all clear.

The front was well out, and it's now much more pleasant to drive. It even seems quieter and a little better riding over bumps...

Citroen Berlingo Multispace2004 - Rear N,S, tyre wear on outer edge - Wackyracer

I've noticed that on vehicles that are subjected to regular heavy loads that the outer edge on the nearside tyres wear, I have come to the conclusion that it is side loading due to the camber of the road maybe.

I've noticed that on vehicles that are subjected to regular heavy loads that the outer edge on the nearside tyres wear, I have come to the conclusion that it is side loading due to the camber of the road maybe.

Thanks wackyracer, that definitely describes this poor old thing!