What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford ka - Radio code for Ford KA 51 plat - Cheryl1234
Hi
I've recently got a ford ka 51 plate but I can't get the radio out to find out the series number, could anyone tell me what the series number might be and therefore the radio code??
Thank you
Ford ka - Radio code for Ford KA 51 plat - Galaxy

You can only try pressing buttons 1 and 6 together as you turn the radio on. This should give you a chain of different numbers, one of which will be the radio serial number. This will start with an "M" or a "V" followed by a six digit number, in the form of:

M123456 or V123456 but the six digit number can be anything from 000000 to 999999

Sometimes this trick works by pressing buttons 2 and 6 (or 2 and 5) together as you turn the radio on. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, in which case, you will need to remove the radio in order to read the serial number from the label on the casing.

If and when you have managed to obtain the serial number then you will find the following information very useful.

Important information for anyone who is looking for FORD CAR RADIO KEYCODES

1. For radios whose Serial Number begins with an "M", followed by a six digit number, you can use the following link to work out what your Keycode should be:

www.pumapeople.com/decode.php

2. For radios whose Serial Number begins with a "V", followed by a six digit number, I'm afraid there is no Keycode generator available for you to work out the code yourself.

You will either need to visit your local Ford Main Dealer, or there are sellers on Ebay who claim they can supply the Keycodes for "V" Serial Numbers, for a fee.

Ford ka - Radio code for Ford KA 51 plat - Cheryl1234
Do you know what the code may be for V070200?
Ford ka - Radio code for Ford KA 51 plat - Galaxy

Please read Note (2) in my previous reply!

Nobody on the HJ forum can do "V" codes, I'm afraid. Your only options are what I've already said.

Edited by Galaxy on 19/05/2015 at 17:00