What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 306lxd - changing ignition barrell - longdog

Friend has lost the keys to the 306lxd and have replacement ready to fit. I presume the steering wheel has to be removed first to access it,the covers are already off. Could someone run me through removing the s/wheel -without setting the airbag off?- and removing the barrell please.

Peugeot 306lxd - changing ignition barrell - elekie&a/c doctor

You could have a problem here.The ignition barrel slides into a housing on the steering column.If you have no key to the old barrel,then it can't be turned into the removal position so that the spring loaded locking pin can be depressed.There may also be a tiny torx screw that holds it in place.There is no need to remove the airbag or steering wheel if the job is done in the correct method.However ,as you have no key,then you may need to drill out the old lock,and would suggest that these items are removed,after disconnecting the battery.Also have you thought about any immobiliser issues?I would think this car has a chipped key?