What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Saab 93 Vector - Advice needed - Hazza74

I have a 2006 Saab 92 2.0 Vector and has been on my drive for the last 3 months with the front tires just about flat, i managed to pump them up but one of them has a flat spot, after driving it for about 10 miles the flat spot noise seems to have subsided, the only issue i have now is that when i apply the brake i get the same kind of noise as the flat spot (front left n/s brake)

Any ideas as to why it could be?

Regards

Saab 93 Vector - Advice needed - RobJP

Quite possibly rust on the brake discs

Thanks for replying, will this go after time? I only ask because i'm selling the car tomorrow :)

Saab 93 Vector - Advice needed - RobJP

That depends. If the car has been sat for 3 months, on a driveway through a british winter, then I wouldn't be surprised if the discs have got quite bad corrosion on them. With use, the corrosion MIGHT rub out eventually, but it's also entirely possible that new discs could be required. Another variable is whether you are near the sea - salt air in winter will make any cossosion worse.

You part-exing it in, auctioning it, or selling it privately ?

Selling it privately, news disks are only £60, not as much as i thought!

Saab 93 Vector - Advice needed - Cyd

If those tyres have been virtually flat for 3 months as you quite clearly state, then that is quite possibly the source of the problem. They are likely to be in a dangerous condition too, with possible damage to the sidewall structure. The risk of a blow out at speed or in a corner could be considerable and you could be in the firing line for a prosecution (or the new owner may choose to vent his fury in a much more "personal" fashion).